Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory like fuselage jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory like fuselage jig

I found a post on home built where a guy built a jig that resembles the one in avipro pics. It obviously doesnt save much time on the first plane but sure does on all others. It seems that if one was built it could be loaned/rented around the country as people build. There have been quite a few post on buying tubing kits... With a proper jig it should go together pretty quick. I am in Colorado anyone else close and interested?

Reach out to the current owner of the jig and see if you can borrow/rent/buy it! Trucking across the country would likely be cheaper than building another one.

Comment

There is probly more than one jig out there. The one my plane was built on is 2" longer than the plans specify. If that is the only one out there I think it would be worth building another that matches the plans.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

He sold it to a group building outside the country. It looked like maybe $1000 in materials? I am sure it would kill some brain cells figuring out the construction for ease of use. I would probably end up with a plane stuck in jail!

Comment

There is a 4 place and patrol jig here in Jacksonville. I will talk to the owner about the possibility of selling, leasing, etc. After I am done with the 4 place of course

Having jigs for the wing steel parts would save a lot of time too, and could probably be shipped via UPS/FEDEX vs. truck.
          Last edited by mswain; 04-27-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Stan9
            Stan9 commented
            Editing a comment
            mswain, I am often in Jacksonville Florida and would like to contact the persons that have the jig. Could you get me in touch with them?

Mswain, thanks for the info. Do you plan to use a tubing kit or just stock material?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazylabs View Post
            Mswain, thanks for the info. Do you plan to use a tubing kit or just stock material?

More than likely I will use a kit. I am going to talk to Mark when I am ready to buy and see what kind of package he offers. There is also the VR3 kit, which seems very well put together.

Comment

I got a quote from vr3 and they seem very detailed and good response time. It seemed like the avipro kit was several hundred cheaper though. I personally have a reason to drive to TX vs Canada so I may go that route. I want to do fuse before wings so may pickup a spar package at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazylabs View Post
                I got a quote from vr3 and they seem very detailed and good response time. It seemed like the avipro kit was several hundred cheaper though. I personally have a reason to drive to TX vs Canada so I may go that route. I want to do fuse before wings so may pickup a spar package at the same time.

I think their Spar/Rib kit is one of the best values they offer. 3K will save you about a year and ensure everything fits well.

Comment

Lazylabs, do you can tell me the cost for vr3 kit for the bear hawk 4-place.
                  I send 2 emails to vr3 and i have no answer.

Comment

I suggest to you that you should buy a tubing package from Bearhawk Aircraft. Apart from the fact that our tubing package is about 20% cheaper, you might understand the good reasoning in supporting our company that is dedicated to Bob Barrow's designs. We have delivered two tubing kits now and the customers are giving us compliments on the quality of how the tubes fit together.

These tubing packages are now listed on our website under the Parts section. For each model. email (N95MF@hotmail.com) or call if you have questions (512/626-7886) Mark

Comment

Thanks a lot for your info.
                      I don't know that your company sold that. I will send you a mail later for more info about delivery fees, i come from Canada.

Comment

[QUOTE=mswain;n16739]There is a 4 place and patrol jig here in Jacksonville. I will talk to the owner about the possibility of selling, leasing, etc. After I am done with the 4 place of course

I talked with Steve about the "jig" and I clearly misunderstood what it was when we talked about it a while back. It's more of a steel base with tabs on it at key locations. He didn't seem interested in letting it go when we talked last week.

Comment

Working...
                        X