Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuperFlite System 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperFlite System 7

Anyone out there have any experience with SuperFlite System 7?

I recall a mechanic friend of mine who does fabric work telling me he preferred the SuperFlite system. But I don't remember anything about version 7. Mark

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about the system....need lots of ventilation. Probably used 6 gallons of acetone....all of it turned to vapor. I'll use the system on the Bearhawk.... Because I know the system now. Plenty of practice...sanding...sanding...sanding until I figured out how to apply the paint and get a glassy gloss. I do like that it's urethane. That I can color sand and polish just like automotive urethane.....but very very carefully.
      I'm now to the....install the boot cowl stage...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• LukeS
        LukeS commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! Looks nice!

This is the pic of the completed instalation. PTT switches remain...after installing later model Cherokee yokes...on titanium shafts.

Comment

Gorgeous work as always Mark!

Comment

Are those kydex interior panels Mark? You form them yourself or buy them pre-formed for the Pacer?

Comment

Yes Kydex. The front panels are formed from .040" the side panels and over head panels are .028". Used particle board forms and a propane torch. Bead roller and a leaf brake.

Comment

How much does that all weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.197 lb square foot for .028". The .040" weighs .281 pounds per square. Is lighter than .016 aluminum sheet .23# sq ft, .020 aluminum .29# per sq ft. The 40 thousandths stuff is very durable. And it likes paint. I couldn't get the dark grey in .028" to match my front grey panels... Fabric interior...Kydex where the interior will see abuse and to cover the control cables for the ailerons and flap. The other benefit....I can get at all the fuel lines and fittings. They're either covered by Kydex or .025" 6061T6 aluminum.. I'll get some pictures later showing how the rear fuel lines are covered... Will do the same thing on the Bearhawk.. Removed 32 pounds original interior panel weight. 12 pounds of carpet. Kydex panels weigh under 5.058 pounds. Medium fabric... Carpet from national aircraft parts association weighs less than 2 point 5 pounds.

Comment

Fuel line covers front windshield
                  Right rear
                  Left rear
                  Before cover left rearsimilar to the Bearhawk routing
                  Front cockpit Kydex

Comment

Working...
                  X