Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deflection for the control stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon's recommendation is a good one. In my case, the aileron defection angles showed only one control stick stop had to be filed. The other one was fine.

Comment

• Battson
      Battson commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point Mike - I also had this situation, where only one side had to be filed back.

It seems that my controls stick is made for max 80mm travel. I have filed mine back but i can not get more than 3 1/8 inch (80mm) travel. The cross tube hits the upper wall on the tunnel at full deflection.I have tried to interchange everything but without success.
    Do others have the same problem ?

Comment

Can you post a picture? It would be easier to visualize that way.

Comment

This is what a mean
        Bjørn
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Bjorn,

To the rest of my recollection, I didn't have interference issues in that location. I'll be at the hangar tomorrow so can check to see how much travel I get and I'll also look the pushrod/tube area over to see what other information or pictures I can provide you.

Mike

Comment

• Battson
            Battson commented
            Editing a comment
            I also had no interference at that location. It seems like there must be some differences between various vintages of control stick.

Bjorn,

Mine measures 3-1/8 inch of travel at the bottom of the control sticks. So that is the same as yours, I believe.

Mine works well and is as specified in the plans for aileron deflection. Not sure what you'll find when making final adjustments but you should be very close.

Mike

Comment

Thank you Mike

Bjlørn

Comment

Working...
            X