Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be interested in a weekly Livestream of my build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be interested in a weekly Livestream of my build?

Awhile ago, as the Dream.Build.Fly crew was going offline, (I was Hightech.Redneck in their chat) I began trying to fill in for the weeks they were unavailable. I didn't realize how much of a commitment it was going to be as they were starting to be offline a lot shortly after I began. However, I'm thinking about starting the LiveStream back up. Not so much to watch me build, but for a good weekly "get together" for fellow builders to chat about all Bearhawk Building in general, with someone on the other end to watch, and maybe even mentor .

Some of you might remember my blog here: The Burger's Bearhawk

Anyone interested? Not sure which day of the week I would kick it off, but it would probably start around 8pm ET and go to maybe 10pm ET.

Discuss.
    Rob, Elkton MD.
    4-Place Plans# 1264
    -Build Blog-

Sure! Let's see what you're doing!
    Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
    Project Plans #1299
    N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

I would be willing to log on and watch. Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS http://mybearhawk.com
      Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
      Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
      http://bhtailwheels.com

Comment

I miss the Dream Build Fly guys Tuesday nights too. It was way better than any reality show on TV. Deburring was boring to watch be the subject of conversation was normal stuff I would talk about with my friends and family.

Count me in to watch frequently!

Last edited by Minnesnowta_Jim; 08-22-2014, 07:12 AM.
        want-a-be LSA builder...

Jim
        MN, USA

Comment

I agree Jim. Its not always something attention grabbing on the screen, but the chat amongst the builders was always fun. I often found myself in the shop, with DBF playing on the tablet while I worked on my parts. It was good motivation. I'm thinking how we could possibly do a Google Hangout, so other builders could video chat if they wanted also. I'll research it a little more.
          Rob, Elkton MD.
          4-Place Plans# 1264
          -Build Blog-

Comment

Rob, I also enjoy the dbf guys on tuesday nights. How long have they been off the air? The last one I saw was when they smoked their camera playing with the TIG welder. My days off changed very shortly after that. I would be interested in joining in however I work through the nights on the grave yard shift. Progress slowed significantly once my days off changed and I found myself lacking the motivation I would have after watching the DBF guys. It was nice tuning in with some guys who had the same interests as I. Informative also.
            Joe
            Scratch-building 4-place #1231
            Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

Sure you bet! I can always use motivation!
              Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

I watched faithfully when they first started, but as time passed I realized it was taking away from the time I had in the shop and started skipping it for my own build time. I enjoyed it though. I even came to really enjoy the comrade-re of the people in the chat, Brady and Caleb. Then for a while we had afterburneral doing the narration and that was when it was the best because they were constantly interacting. It was motivational. So is Caleb and Brady not building now? Most people that start building never get it done. Even myself I learned that it could not be the only thing I did in life as I had other commitments. Guys that work on it every day without stopping until it is done is dedicated. I eventually took almost a whole year without touching it just because I had so many other things I needed to do around the house to keep the wife happy. My boys are growing up and I learned that I could not get that time back so I could not dedicate all my spare time to the project. I must say that I have been pretty busy with it again and still plan on finishing it but it may take me another 10 years to finish. I learned to quit building a plane and start building plane parts and since then it has progressed better for the long haul. Buy have I gotten off topic. Almost became a diary. Anyway yeah I would watch from time to time as well.

Comment

I think it's a great idea for the interaction and conversational aspect. Live video streams aren't terribly appealing to me if they're one-way (unless it's a weather cam or a guy skydiving from 120,000 ft) but a chatroom and a competent builder fielding questions sure is. Otherwise, I say just produce some weekly videos for the sake of posterity.

Z
                  Last edited by Zzz; 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

For me, building is s solitary endeavor. I didn't really get into the DBF thing but might revisit if there is good data to share.
                    Cheers
                    Gerry
                    Patrol #30 Wings

Comment

Absolutely! Mike BearHawk #1250 KLXT
                      Mike Nault
                      BH #1250
                      KLXT

Comment

Working...
                      X