Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Velocity XL RG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocity XL RG

I started building a Bearhawk but then suddenly ran into a great deal on a Velocity XL RG kit. With all the options this kit would cost in the mid 50's new. I picked up the kit, and it looks like the wings will need to be rebuilt which is really no biggie. The spars are salvageable and the worse case is replacing the foam cores at a cost of $13k, however a fiberglass guru can probably cut out new cores for almost nothing. Not saying I want to trade, but I want to look at my options. I am thinking about possibly doing a bearhawk swap with all the bells and whistles such as fast build wings, etc. let me know what you got and we can go from there. There is a lot of value in this kit, so I would expect some goodies to he included.

I'm surprised you are considering it, unless the Bearhawk isn't what you really wanted. The Bearhawk and Velocity are two completely different aircraft in design and purpose.

Comment

The velocity is a higher value aircraft as far as price, but I already have a mooney, so I have my personal airliner, but want something fun. I paid a good enough price on this, so I had no choice but to snap it up. Even if I do finish this kit, I will end up finishing the bearhawk anyway, then a Pitts, then a Lancair. Basically I am a sucker for airplanes. Right now, the Velocity fits the same mission as what I already have.

Comment

Revised- Cores cost $6500 for both wings worse case.

Comment

Working...
        X