Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitot tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitot tubing

What is everyone using for their tubing from pitot tube to instruments? I'd like to run the tubing before I close up the skin on the bottom of the nose ribs. I see safeair makes a kit sold through Avery, but it looks like the same tubing and connectors you can go buy at Home Depot?

I used the Home Depot type.
    It was cheap, like the Budgie, but a little on the bulky and heavy side.
    If I were doing it again, I would use the cheapest Nylaflow hose like you can use for brake lines, alone with brass hose fittings - avoid the plastic Nylaflow fittings like the plague IMHO.

2c

Comment

Nylon tubing and push connectors. Safeair and Stein are good sources.

Comment

I used the quick disconnect Safair kit from Avery. The pneumatic brake line seems more durable than Nylaflow and the fittings are much more compact than the Nylon fittings. It was also really easy to hook up and use.

Comment

I have used Tygon tubing. Ref :http://aircraftproducts.wicksaircraf...ilter=&by=prod.

I don't know how to assign a URL to "this" :-)

Wes

Comment

FWIW, I bought the kit from Avery. All components are there, no guesswork, reasonable price and no wasted time figuring out if I got it right.

Comment

Working...
            X