Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Wheel Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Wheel Question.

This summer my dad and I made the 4000 plus mile trip from Wisconsin to California (in four days!) to pick up a Bearhawk project. In addition to the items that I knew I was purchasing, were countless bonus items (like the struts and fittings) that came with the project. These included a set of Cleveland (I assume based on three characteristic recesses in the outer rim area) that I'm trying to research. They are six inch diameter rims with a 5 inch bead width, and 1.5 inch bearings. They are very light, so I'm assuming they are made from a magnesium alloy. They don't have brakes, which I obviously need, so I'm trying to figure out what model they are to determine if they are appropriate for the Bearhawk, how much the brakes will cost, and if they are worth keeping. Does anybody know how to identify these wheels? The only numbers I have found were four digit numbers that were different from one wheel to the next (casting numbers perhaps?). The wheels look the same, and based on similar levels of surface corrosion appear to be off the same aircraft. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Luke Suthers
    Bearhawk 024

Call Parker Hannifin direct at 1-800-272-7537. Ask for customer service for Aerospace products. When there ask for product support, wheel assemblies. Be ready with lots of photos to email to PH.
    Cheers
    Gerry
    Patrol #30 Wings

Comment

• LukeS
      LukeS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gerry!
Working...
X