Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizontal Stabilizer Strut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Stabilizer Strut?

I can't seem to find the horizontal stabilizer strut in the LSA plans. On my Patrol plan set, it's shown on #21, Fuselage Tail Section. I've got an early plan set - wondering if this is a revision?
    Patrol #107
    LSA #005

Look on page17 lower left and page 19 upper left shows attach points and size of strut

Roy LSA 002

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but I just wanted to comment that this does not appear to be addressed in either the plans or the book I have. I'm working with #41, purchased about two years ago, so I don't know if it's been updated since then. We're currently designing/building our own struts with what little is on the plans, but if someone knows this is now in the drawings, it'd probably be nice for others to know. Specifically, there does not appear to be any drawings (in my revision) of the end fittings, only the attach points and streamlined tube sizing as Roy Glenn said.
      Last edited by JakeP; 03-10-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I have LSA plans #021 and don't see a drawing of the h-stab strut ends either. The attach points are detailed in drawing 17 and 19. It's all detailed quite well in my 4-place plans (Bearhawk#024), which is what I'm building right now. This would maybe be a good topic for a beartracks issue?

Comment

Working...
        X