Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aileron Rib to Spar -4 Rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aileron Rib to Spar -4 Rivets

-4 or 1/8" countersunk rivets are shown on the top of the aileron where the rib is attached to the spar. The plans show 8 of these. What about the bottom of the aileron? Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks to those who respond.

The plans do only show them on the top. I was only planning on installing them on the top. Of course upsizing the rivets on the bottom would not hurt if you wanted. I figured they were only on the top to deal with the twisting force caused by the aileron push rod on the top of the hinge attach on only the inboard side.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Thanks John.
      I have a misaligned 3/32 rivet on the bottom which will clean up with a 1\8".

Comment

I plan on putting them top and bottom.
        Barry Cole plans building serial #265 Patrol

Comment

Working...
        X