Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Intro

Hello All,

My name is Rich and live in Saint Augustine, FL, flying a Cub, Taylorcraft and an occasional Cherokee. For several years, I've wanted to start an RV-7 or -8 but the Bearhawk models have been in the back of mind due to their looks, nice cabin and performance. I've also really gotten to like the high-wing/tailwheel configuration since getting my endorsement in the Taylorcraft.

Since I'm about that age where I start to wonder about keeping the medical, I've become interested in the Patrol LSA. It just seems like the right choice at this point. It has enough speed to use for my target cross-country trips and enough engineered max gross to make me comfortable loading it right to 1320 lbs. We have an outstanding EAA chapter (1379) up here and with the support that is available to me, I believe I can finish the build.

I was able to see the LSA at Sebring and ask a few questions. It looked great and got me all excited, but didn't get my timing right for a demo flight. I'm a bit embarrassed to ask (especially on my intro post) but I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice about getting a flight in the LSA? It's something I want to do before I make the commitment to start. I'm willing to travel to do it and, of course, cover the cost of a short flight, lunch and beer for hangar flying as necessary...

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Rich. The closest Bearhawk LSA to you is Bob Barrows in Fincastle VA. Bob's phone is 540/473-3661.

Sorry it didn't work out to fly my red LSA at Sebring. Mark

Comment

Thanks for that. I'll definitely give him a call, maybe when the weather gets a bit warmer!

Comment

Working...
      X