Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here: Buying a 4 Place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here: Buying a 4 Place!

Hi everybody, my name is Karl. I'm getting ready to buy a flying Bearhawk 4-Place. I currently fly a Vans RV-8 that I built (and I'm keeping it!) I'm really looking forward to the Bearhawk, getting into backcountry flying, and knowing all the folks on this forum. I am based at the Goodyear Airport (KGYR) near Phoenix, Arizona.

One quick question while I'm here. My insurance company requires me to get at least one hour of dual time with a CFI. Could someone recommend a good person for a Bearhawk checkout, hopefully not too far from Phoenix? Thanks much!

Welcome! There is a big Bearhawk community in the Phoenix area. I can help put you in touch with some of those folks if you don't know them already, but they should have some leads. If you can talk him into it, Bud Davisson might be worth a shot too. He's got time in type at least.

Comment

Thanks Jared!

Comment

Welcome to the family. Great to have another desert lover on board. That looks like Georg's Bearhawk in your photo. Are you the one who bought it? Scott Williamson at Chandler would be another contact for time in type. He and I just finished a camping/exploring trip where we added two more uncharted strips to our repertoire. It would be good to have you along next time. Pat

Comment

I'm not BH current but CFI, if that helps.

What's a little "rust" among friends. Just kidding.

Cathy

Comment

Hi Pat, you're right, that's Georg's Bearhawk. It's an amazing airplane! I've already been in touch with Scott Williamson, and I will look forward to meeting you too. It'll be great to find some uncharted strips with you guys!

…and Cathy, thank you. We'll go flying when I get down to Ryan Field next time.

I'm really pleased to find out that there are a good number of Bearhawk enthusiasts in Arizona.
            Last edited by Gash; 05-08-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X