Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Michigan guy here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Michigan guy here!

Hello everybody,

I own a Cessna 172G and want to upgrade to something a little bit faster and with a better hauling capacity / take off performance.
    Currently, I am looking at Maules, a Bearhawk might however also be an option, particular since I prefer experimentals. Since I don't no much about Bearhawks, I signed up to ask some silly questions.

Oliver

Hi Oliver! I understand well about the preference for experimentals. It probably goes back to the fact that I had to take my toys apart, before I could enjoy them... On this forum, you'll find scratch builders, in every phase, quick builders too. You'll hear from those, who've built and are flying and you'll see posts from Mark G., who sells the components and kits. It's unlikely that you could ask a question that someone hasn't pondered... I'll caution you: enthusiasm around here is highly contagious!
    So, what's the first silly question?

Bill

Comment

Oliver

I am In Chelsea. Where about are you in Michigan?

Brooks Cone
      Scratch Building Patrol #303.
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• flyboy
        flyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Brooks, I lived in Grass Lake at Wolf Lake airport and worked at the Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea for 37 years, Chelsea is a nice town. I now live in Oregon and am building 2 Bearhawk Patrols. They are quick build kits #16 & #17 and are nearing completion. Good luck with your build. Dennis

I was looking at Maules as well until I realized I don't fit. If you like the room in your Cessna, you are definitely look the right direction.

Comment

@ Brooks
        I live in Novi, actually not too far away from you.

@Paul
        I learned in the meantime that a nice Bearhawk is way beyond our current budget. My wife and I are building a RV-10, which is also quite an investment..

We could spend right now somewhere between $50 - $70K on an upgrade from our 172. I guess we will end up buying a 180 hp 172, a 182 or a Maule, fly it until we are done with the RV-10 and then build something a little bit more backcountry worthy as an addition to the RV-10. I was thinking about a Rans S-20 or a Zenith CH-750. The more I learn about Bearhawks, the more I think however that this might actually be the perfect addition to the RV-10. I will certainly keep an eye open for them at Airventure...

Comment

Working...
        X