Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Oregon

Scratch building from plans #P130. I started this build several years ago after my Murphy Rebel build was completed and flying. I began with building the H Stab's, Rudder, Elev's, and misc small parts, then the project was put on the back burner for several years. I just found this forum and I'm thinking it is time to get started again. A few photos attached. Additional photos may be seen at my old builder's website at this link - http://www.bearhawkpatrol.dcsol.com/ContentsPage.html . The site owner hosts the Murphy Builder's forum of which I participated during my Rebel build. He graciously hosted my Patrol build site when I started this project. It hasn't been updated in several years, but as I get back into this, I will try to post more to it, though it may be a while.......
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by LoNSlo; 08-30-2016, 09:00 AM.
    Murphy Rebel Built/Flown/Sold [Dammit!!]

Welcome to the party. Where abouts in Oregon. I'm in Portland area, Estacada.

Doug
    Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

An unenthusiastic resident of Eugene since 1982.

Comment

Is that a p as in patrol? Two others very close to you in Cottage Grove, I'm in Hood River. Welcome (back)!
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
          Is that a p as in patrol? Two others very close to you in Cottage Grove, I'm in Hood River. Welcome (back)!
          Thanks. Yes it is a Patrol.

Dennis and Donna in Cottage Grove are members here. A man and wife team building separate Patrols. Pretty awesome couple.

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting back to work on your Patrol. Our Patrols fuselages are complete and at the airport. We are prepping the wings for paint and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel glow brighter. Dennis & Donna

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
              Glad to hear you are getting back to work on your Patrol. Our Patrols fuselages are complete and at the airport. We are prepping the wings for paint and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel glow brighter. Dennis & Donna
              Will try to arrange a visit this week. I just started prepping my other project for paint before the winter weather sets in.

Comment

If you make it up to the Portland area, stop by. Nice to meet others crazy enough to scratch build. I would say let me know when you are going to Dennis and Donna's but I was just down there a few weeks ago getting my motivational fix. Don't want to wear out my welcome.

Doug
                Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

• Flygirl1
                  Flygirl1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doug, anybody, including you, are welcome anytime. We are proud to be a part of this up and coming community of Bearhawk/Patrol builders/owners and love to share any and all of our experience, good and bad. The fuselages are at the airport so now to finish painting the wings. D-n-D

• DRLPatrol
                  DRLPatrol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank`s Donna. My last motivation is still working. Great to hear you got the fuselages to the airport.

Doug

I'm not masochistic enough to scratch build but I have a 4-place QB underway in the Portland area if you need a 3D reality check.
                Last edited by Zzz; 09-01-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRLPatrol View Post
                  If you make it up to the Portland area, stop by. Nice to meet others crazy enough to scratch build. I would say let me know when you are going to Dennis and Donna's but I was just down there a few weeks ago getting my motivational fix. Don't want to wear out my welcome.

Doug
                  Thanks Doug. Will keep it in mind.

Comment

Hijack alert: You local folks down for a little Hood River fly-in rendezvous? Sept 10-11, 400 planes last year, 500 expected this year. \hijack
                    Mark
                    Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                      400 planes last year, 500 expected this year. \hijack
                      That actually makes me less apt to go. When a fly-in gets too busy it gets less fun in my opinion.

Comment

• Chewie
                        Chewie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good, it'll be less crowded without you there!

Really took that to heart, did you Chewie? Didn't mean to offend you and/or diminish your enthusiasm. It's the truth that there's a maximum volume of aircraft a fly-in can handle before it gets bogged down in procedures and traffic issues. Do they prop up a temporary tower yet at Hood River for the fly-in?

It was a nice, quaint event years ago.
                      Last edited by Zzz; 09-01-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Zzz, You did see my smiley face, right? I'm totally cool with your stance. You are not alone. Some official looking folks mentioned temp ATC last year, and this year almost became an invitational.

And still, people love coming here. Great for the local scene. It's one of the more popular events in HR that transcends industry and doesn't have to do with kiteboarding.

Anyway LoNSlo, sorry for stealing your thread. You can have it back now.
                        Mark
                        Hood River, OR

Comment

To update an old thread, how many of you Oregon Bearhawk owners are still out there monitoring this forum and thread?

Comment

Working...
                          X