Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from St. Louis, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from St. Louis, MO

Hello,

I have been wanting to build a plane for quite some time. Generally I love building things and I love flying so it seems like it ought to be a good fit. After more than a year of looking at various options, I have come to the conclusion that a 4-place Bearhawk with an O-360 would be right up my alley.

That being said, I want to find one to look at and take a ride in before pulling the trigger. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Currently I own a '68 Mooney which I will be selling soon, and a sailplane. Most of my flying time, however, is spent towing gliders in a Pawnee or Supercub.

Patrick

Welcome Patrick,
    Sorry, can't help you out with the trial flight.
    Last edited by marcusofcotton; 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the club! I had the opportunity to fly with Mark Goldberg (Texas) in his four place with the IO-540 and all I can say is WOW. Talk about a homesick angel. Very impressive. We are building two Patrols (a twin engine four seater the hard way ;-), and before we "pulled the trigger" we went to the closest place at the time to take a look at a couple of projects. There is a map of builders and flying planes on this site you might check out to see who is closest to you. Also there is a For Sale page and a couple of 4 place kits for sale you might be interested in. Donna

Comment

Thanks. It looks like I'll need to make a trip to Texas and track down Mark Goldberg.

Comment

Welcome to the site. I'm a relatively new member myself and I can tell you these people are great helping with problems. Like Flygril1 said there are a couple of kits for sale on the site when you decide what you want to do. One of them happens to be mine. (Just saying. LOL) I grew up in Fredericktown, Mo and have lived in TX for 35yrs. Still have family and property there.
          You should really try to catch up with Mark he is great help and very informative.

Comment

Working...
          X