Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Plans Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Plans Holder

I've finally put it in gear! I'm a former jet jock who grew up hanging around the airports of Broward and Dade Counties. Although I've been out of aviation for over 22 years I've been inspired to jump back in by a friend how just purchased a Starduster. I've recently purchased the plans and builders manuals for a 4 place Bearhawk. The original builder didn't get past building ribs and decided that he'd never finish. Prints and manuals in great shape but need some revisions. I'll spend the next few months reconfiguring my shop, rebuilding shop equipment and staring at plans. Hope to be airborne in 4 to five years! Located in Palm Beach County, FL
    Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hello from Naples. We have another new member to the forum from the Lauderdale area, 'wickedpurple' .
    Let's meet up in LaBelle this season and do some glider flying.

It's a good idea to call Bob Barrows and let him know which serial number plans set you purchased. He likes to keep track of who owns what. Plus you get to open up a dialogue with Bob, who is a wonderfully friendly, helpful and informative person. As all on this forum are. Must be that "From the top down" thing.
    Last edited by Jflyer; 08-30-2014, 11:43 AM.
    John, Naples FL
    Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
    Patrol Plans #006
    Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

John, Thanks for the "heads Up" concerning Bob. I've already sent him a letter concerning the change of ownership of the plans. As far as LaBelle is concerned, I might get thrown out if I go there due to most of my relatives being there! I'll keep it in mind. Never flown anything that doesn't burn dinosaurs!
      Last edited by Robert440; 08-30-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Robert, I reside at FL10 . We have a homeowner that started building a four seat bearhawk and quit sometime ago. He has a fuselage and some wing parts , if interested you can e-mail me. rvstinger5@windsteam.net Stinger

Comment

When does the EAA meeting happen at FLL? I'm going to be hanging around there more than usual in the coming months.

Comment

Hi! I'm in Palm Beach County too. I would love hang out and if I have time, helping out too.

When looking for EAA chapters I found another one here in Palm Beach, but very far north. At F45, North County I think. It was too far of a drive and since I am at North Perry in south Broward for class and I work in Pompano EAA 133 fit better for me. One day I'll make the drive up and check out the other guys.

EAA 133 meets:
            1st Thurs of the month: Lester's diner on SR84 @ 6:30pm.
            2nd Thursday of the month: KFLL, Sheltair, 2nd floor conf room @ 7pm. when the new runway opens we're going to have a fun view!
            Jim handles our email/reminders. See his website below for a location map.
            Tiff
            BH 4 place #1353, N416WP
            Boca Raton, FL
            EAA 133

Comment

Hey Tiff, Did the vast majority of my flying out of HWO in the eighties and spent many hours sitting in class at the former BCC. If Oren Wallace is still teaching there tell him I'm still around! HWO was jumping in the eighties . Everytime I go by there it looks dead! Moved on to FXE where I worked line and then flew Learjets. Haven't joined EAA yet but I'm close to N. County airport. When I get started next year I'll give you a buzz.
              Robert Holt

Comment

Welcome Aboard Robert! Let the games begin!!!
                Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
                Project Plans #1299
                N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

KHWO seems active while I am there around 5pm on. There always seems to be helos popping around and the flight school launching a plane or two. Sometimes the banner guys give a show. They are building new hangers on the west side I think and the school itself is making a hanger across the runway on the south side, by the customs place. They say it will open in Jan and that's right as I'm starting again.

KFXE and KBCT are alright, but since you need badge or be buzzed it is hard for me to go there willy nilly and see who is around (I know the guys/code at KHWO). I *love* KPMP 'cause I can check out hangers with no gate code. American Flyers also does the BBQ/seminar thing there that is great. It's how I met Jim, which led to SnF, which led to BH, and, well... you get the idea.
                  Tiff
                  BH 4 place #1353, N416WP
                  Boca Raton, FL
                  EAA 133

Comment

Stinger,
                    Is your email address good? It came back to me as unable to deliver to server.

Comment

Working...
                    X