Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple Tree - Woodruff, SC - SC00 - Sept. 9th. - 13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Tree - Woodruff, SC - SC00 - Sept. 9th. - 13th.

Any one planning to be at Triple Tree this week?

7,000 foot of golf course quality grass. This is my favorite aviation even in South Carolina. I was hoping to get an extra day, but work has limited my time to just the weekend.

The mission of the Triple Tree Aerodrome is to Ignite and Expand the Passion for Aviation. We host both model and general aviation events, fostering mutual interests between the two.

Here is some of the video I shot last year at the event.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Stephen B. Murphey
    Bearhawk LSA
    Building #L-089

We're going to try and be there Thursday night through Saturday morning. As of a few days ago Bob said he was planning to go with MariaBarrows_harris also. How about stinger ?

Comment

We will be there, Wed. See you all soon !!! Stinger Ps. Be in camper.

Comment

Had a good time this year at Triple Tree. Many thanks to every one for sharing your experience, stores and project photos. It was great inspiration for another year of building.

Short selection of photos that were taken this year.

Thanks,
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        Last edited by sbmurphey; 09-14-2015, 08:44 PM.
        Stephen B. Murphey
        Bearhawk LSA
        Building #L-089

Comment

Triple Tree is becoming my favorite "fly-in". Such beautiful property and no agenda. Was great seeing everyone. Here is a short video taken from my phone.....mostly of Jared & Tabitha's Bearhawk.

Comment

• Chris In Milwaukee
            Chris In Milwaukee commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy cow, that's a lot of grass runway!

I had hoped to make a Beartracks article about the Triple Tree experience, but the Q3 issue is already running very long with more building-oriented content, which gets priority over social content.

We arrived and set up camp on Thursday, and other than being pretty hot and humid, all was well. Bob arrived early Friday morning in his 4-place prototype. Why did he bring the 4-Place? Well, on the way down, he stopped in Martinsburg and dropped off some Continental-style oil tank parts for his aluminum welder. And he brought a few LSA parts for stinger and his building partner Bill, including two windshields, four wingtips, and a nose bowl. Who needs a cargo door anyway?

The Swains arrived late on Friday and our little girls had a great time playing with their kids. We enjoyed catching up with them too. On Friday night a cold front moved through and the temperature on Saturday was perfect. Mike and I took a short flight before lunch, then Tabitha and I packed everything up and left at about 2:00. This was a little bit later than planned, which meant that afternoon naps were starting late, which meant that the kids weren't too happy about leaving. But they were both asleep before we got out of the traffic pattern. SC00 is only about 45 minutes of flying away from our home airport, and it's always fun to get to go.

​And Chris In Milwaukee, it is indeed a lot of grass runway. It's the only grass runway I've ever seen a jet land on. The main runway, and several RC runways and two control-line circles are perfectly manicured golf-course style grass. It's a place that I'm sure you'd enjoy very much. We should get you into town for an event there one of these years. This is the same venue that hosts the Joe Nall model airplane event, which is like the Oshkosh of model airplanes. Last year they had something like 17,000 people attend. To put that in perspective, there are approximately 50,000 AMA members nation wide. Not all model flyers are AMA members, but still...

I'm probably forgetting who all we ran into down there, but we spent some time visiting with Todd Ramsey and sbmurphey, and of course Bob, Jerry, and Bill. We had several conversations with folks who had never seen or heard of a Bearhawk before. It's a perfect airplane for this kind of thing.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Sometimes unloading a Bearhawk is like watching Mary Poppins unload her carpet bag.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X