Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primer help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer help please

I need some guidance regarding 2 products I have. I have Stewart Systems Ekoetch in my workshop as well as Polyfiber EP-230 primer. I had planned to use the Stewart Systems primer as well, but while I wait for replacement of a bad tin of primer from the USA (in I'm New Zealand) I can proceed with the Polyfiber instead.

My question is whether the Ekoetch will be sufficient surface preparation to then apply the Polyfiber primer? I have scrubbed all my ribs with scotchbrite pads and plan to do the acid etch next.

Advice appreciated.

Great question. If you'd like I'll call them for you and ask that question. The call does not cost me anything and I'm closer to their time zone than you are. I'm using the full Stewart Lin of products restoring a Schweitzer 2-33 glider. They're great people at Stewarts. Real helpful
    John, Naples FL
    Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
    Patrol Plans #006
    Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

Thanks John. I got this response from the Polyfiber guys....
      Hi Brad,

Did not look but I presume it is not chromic which only requires a scotch brite pad.
      This material would be like a scotch brite pad only.

Etching alone is okay simply not as protective as chromic acid.

kind regards,

Greg

Comment

So the point is your ok to continue with Poly Primer And go over that with the rest of the Stewart products?
        John, Naples FL
        Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
        Patrol Plans #006
        Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

Yes, that is my understanding...

Comment

Working...
          X