Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexico Salt Flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico Salt Flats

My weekend trip to some southern New Mexico Salt Flats.
    This is "A trip to the Salt Flats" by Bearhawk on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Some really nice footage!

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing!
      John Massaro
      Plans Building LSA - 091
      Arizona

Comment

You are setting the bar very high for production quality!

Comment

Hi Jared, I am trying ;-) I like taking footage and I want to become better in editing so I try a lot and hope it becomes better with time. What I don't like in that video are those white flash transitions. So I might render the whole thing again with different transitions. I need to practice for my planed Utah trip end of April!

Comment

How many cameras did you use in that video? It looked like at least two. And did you connect your intercom audio to the camera's input, or did you record it and mix it in editing?

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
              ... And did you connect your intercom audio to the camera's input, ....
              We did that when I was filming for a documentary, it was hard to find a place to put all the hardware required to record good quality audio.

Do you have to wash an aircraft thoroughly after having it on that salt?

Comment

Nice job Georg!
                Wayne Massey - Central Florida
                BH733
                LSA23
                http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

@ Jared, I used three cams in this video. Two Gopro Hero 3+ Black Edition for the outside footage and one older Hero2 for inside the cockpit. The intercom was recorded via an adapter in the headset speaker connector and for the sound on the salt flats I used an external microphone.

@ Jonathan, no! It is so dry that it does not stick to the tires. Then it is mostly minerals. I did find this explanation:
                  Salt flats are the result of a combination of factors. They begin with rain falling on high mountains running down to lower land. As the water flows down the mountain, minerals are slowly dissolved and carried away with it. The creation of a slat flat causes this mineral-infused water to become trapped inland, unable to drain to the ocean. Once the water congregates in a basin, it creates a lake. The last factor needed is an arid climate; the combination of high temperature and little or no precipitation ensures the water will evaporate. When the water is evaporated, the mineral salts are left on the ground, creating a salt flat.

@ Wayne! Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                  X