Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska by Bearhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a fun one.
    If you recall the Cordova video with two planes landing, this is where we joined formation to make that flight. Rob in the lead plane flies crop dusters for a living,…

Comment

We had an opportunity to return along the coast as far as Juneau so this was taken in Glacier Bay NP on the first leg of our return trip.
      This is "La Perouse Glacier" by on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrock View Post
        We had an opportunity to return along the coast as far as Juneau so this was taken in Glacier Bay NP on the first leg of our return trip.
        Holy cow, that Glacier!
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Blackrock
          Blackrock commented
          Editing a comment
          That one was pretty amazing. We were flying by it and just decided to turn and have a look. Those knife-edged crevices were an amazing sight. That is the best few seconds of video from the trip in my humble opinion.

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was checking those crevices out, and thought how rare it is for people to have a look at those. They look beautiful! A true National Geographic type of photo opportunity.

This was an amazing view to witness in person. The felling is a lot like crossing open expanses of water. It's amazing how aware we become of any perceived change in engine tone.
        We didn't really have fixed plans, but instead let the weather dictate where we went next. Realizing it was time to begin working our way home, we planned this…

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          In order to aid in a search and rescue mission, I would want red wings crossing that ice field!

Absolutely gorgeous videos, keep them coming please!

Comment

Thanks Brett, here is one more. Certainly wish the camera had been on the wing, but at least we could turn it on! This was taken on the return while we flying along the southern half of the Rocky Mountain Trench. We were off course due to my aerial wanderings and stumbled on this valley with water falls coming right out of the rock walls.

As always, best viewed in HD (1080p).
          This is "CR Waterfalls" by on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
          Last edited by Blackrock; 07-27-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Heading south for Juneau out of Yakutat. Many many miles of cost line so this video is clips of some of the highlights and to give an overall idea of what this part of the world looks like. Not surprisingly, camera's don't really capture the whole experience or the full grandeur of the landscape. We could see the St. Elias Mountains and in some clips you can see Mt. Fairweather off in the distance (largest mountain in view). Fairweather's peak is 15,300 feet in elevation and is on the US/Canada border.
            This is "Yakatat Beachs Birds Bear and Whales" by on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Oh my, the spectacular videos keep coming. Thanks for posting. I'm a rookie video editor and find the editing a challenge. Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrock View Post
                Heading south for Juneau out of Yakutat. Many many miles of cost line so this video is clips of some of the highlights and to give an overall idea of what this part of the world looks like. Not surprisingly, camera's don't really capture the whole experience or the full grandeur of the landscape. We could see the St. Elias Mountains and in some clips you can see Mt. Fairweather off in the distance (largest mountain in view). Fairweather's peak is 15,300 feet in elevation and is on the US/Canada border.
                Thanks again for the great videos. Stairway to Heaven and the waterfalls is pretty epic.

Comment

Very nice Blackrock, thanks for sharing your trip!

Comment

Working...
                  X