Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter fly-In Ice Runway Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter fly-In Ice Runway Minnesota

~~Lots of you might have heard about our fly-in from last year. Heres your chance to attend the 2nd annual Twin Pines Fly-In.
    Last year we had almost 60 planes land on the ice runway.
    Anyone even close to central Minnesota should attend. It is at The Twin Pines resort on Lake Mille Lacs Sat March 1, 10-2
    Twin Pines resort is on the west shore of Lake Mille Lacs south of Garrison.
    We will plow a runway as close into the wind as we can and have plenty of plowed parking available. Wheels and skis welcome.
    Lots of prizes given away and a great lunch at Twin Pines.
    Check out You Tube from last year ~~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1TVsxGt4po
    I am having trouble getting pictures to load
    If anyone wants the flyer sent to them let me know I can get it to you.
    This is a great event
    I will post the lat/long when I get it.

Mark,

I'll have to see if I can get Bob to fly his Stinson up there.

Dan
    Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

If its good weather I expect 100 airplanes. So many people wish they would have made it last year. We are also giving away lots of door prizes. Good ones too.

Comment

BTW I'll be winning the award for who came the furthest. Coming from D.C. Cant wait to get back to Minnesota

Comment

Oh you did end up moving. I was wondering. Hope your build doesn't get sidetracked too long.
          Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Because weather this was postponed until the following sat mar 8, Should be great weather next weekend.

Comment

Our fly in was a huge success. Getting bigger and better every year. Last year 64 aircraft showed up. This year a staggering 87 aircraft to land on out ice runway and have a great breakfast/lunch and see good friends. Lots of great prizes given away. Look for the 3rd annual next year.

Comment

Sorry to miss seeing you again there Mark, I flew the trike in as #85, 2.5 hours in and couldn't stay long. I'm no longer in the Arrow club, just my trike and focusing on the Bearhawk.

Hopefully I'll get there sooner next year,

Mark J

Comment

For sure next year Mark. Hopefully sooner. I am in early stages of planning a Bearhawk Fly-in / Bearhawk Builder gathering at my airport the fri and sat before Oshkosh. Stay tuned

Comment

Which airport is your airport these days? Don't think I'll be swinging by Washington on my way to OSH!

Comment

• X'N
                      X'N commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hopefully Clear lake
                  Working...
                  X