Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drawing my B model in Solidworks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris In Milwaukee
    commented on 's reply
    Always watching, Wazowski... ;-)

• Mikeos98
    replied
    Read the previous post from Mark G.

Leave a comment:

• spinningwrench
    replied
    The kit would benefit so much from having detailed assembly drawings, this is quite a new change in direction. As long a one is a licensed plan holder of Bob's drawings I am not seeing any infringement issues. Having detailed assembly drawings is no different than buying a picture pictorial from Eric Newton. Best yet would be to have Bob bless them but in the past I have run this by him and he doesn't see the need for them.
    Last edited by spinningwrench; 12-25-2019, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quadra
    replied
    Originally posted by svyolo View Post
    Digitizing the plans for your own use, on one build, would be no problem. Sharing them makes me cringe a little. Intellectual property, and all. I can't claim I have never compromised IP myself, but in a small community, I am not sure how welcome it would be.
    I would be interested to hear from Bob on this as I have never heard of a "pirated" or non-licensed build of a Bearhawk... and to be honest I believe anyone who was serious about building, spending the time and money etc. would not bat an eye at the plan costs in order to have a legally licensed build with access to the latest information and support of the designer/community. I look at having a good CAD model as another tool, like a build guide, a capable secondary vendor, a video on youtube..or this forum! = a resource for builders that creates more answers than questions. I think the potential "problem" is one this community would confront if it were to happen... are there many ( any?) Bearhawks that were built from scratch without any forum participation?
    I also would think that anyone inspecting or considering buying an amateur built aircraft would want to see a build that was above board in every aspect.

Leave a comment:

• svyolo
    replied
    You might want to run it by Bob. He might be interested in cutting files to sell along with plans for scratch builders that have access to CNC. It is common practice for yacht/boat designers to sell the rights to CNC cutting files, for one time use, for locally creating a boat kit.

Maybe you could work out an arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• Archer39J
    commented on 's reply
    It looks like you've modeled a bit, are you intending to draft each part (make a drawing)?

• Chewie
    commented on 's reply
    I'll say. You even brought Chris out of hibernation!

• S Lathrop
    replied
    For me, making the drawings was very helpful as I went on to make the parts. I think that the drawings as they are is just fine.

That is just my opinion and it is not worth very much.

Leave a comment:

• svyolo
    replied
    Digitizing the plans for your own use, on one build, would be no problem. Sharing them makes me cringe a little. Intellectual property, and all. I can't claim I have never compromised IP myself, but in a small community, I am not sure how welcome it would be.

Leave a comment:

• Bdflies
    commented on 's reply
    The work you’re doing is amazing!

Bill

• Weldingiron
    replied
    Not sure what your plans are for the file, but I'd be interested in getting a copy if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mikeos98
    replied
    Originally posted by Archer39J View Post
    Drafting the plans in CAD and creating an accurate 3D model of the whole aircraft are very different things.
    Yeah I am drawing every individual part and doing an assembly. Look at the picture that started the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Archer39J
    replied
    Drafting the plans in CAD and creating an accurate 3D model of the whole aircraft are very different things.

Leave a comment:

• Mikeos98
    replied
    Mark I will call tomorrow sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Nev
    replied
    Awesome project !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X