Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drawing my B model in Solidworks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris In Milwaukee
    commented on 's reply
    Where is Mark and what have you done with Bob? :-) Kidding! That reply is something I never thought I'd hear from either of you. Certainly a Bearhawk rite of passage!

• Mark Goldberg
    replied
    Mikeos98 - I would like to talk with you about drawing this up in SW. Please give me a call at your convenience. 512/626-7886.

Bob & I would love to have the planes drawn up in Solid Works. Maybe it could even be a group effort so the time would not be too much for any one person. Thanks. Mark

Leave a comment:

• kilohotel
    replied
    That's awesome Mike! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• S Lathrop
    replied
    I have found that drawing a part before I cut metal is really helpful and if nothing else helps avoid errors.

To get the wing profile, I had the Mylar drawing scanned and I used that for drawing my wing ribs.

You can make cutting templates of tube junctions by slitting a tube that you have drawn and mitered in the drawing. Again saves a lot of time and avoids scrapping a part.

Leave a comment:

• Mikeos98
    replied
    Don't know haven't seen plans for an A model

Leave a comment:

• nichzimmerman
    replied
    Did the forward fuselage structure change with the B model? Hard to tell from the pic, but a few tubes aft of the firewall appear to be different than mine. As you say, a work in progress. That will be a useful tool for you.

Leave a comment:

• Mikeos98
    replied
    Probably about 4 to 6 days of work. Hard to tell been doing it off and on for about 3 months in the evenings.

Leave a comment:

• NSLaw
    replied
    Looks great - how long did that take you?

Leave a comment:

• Mikeos98
    started a topic Drawing my B model in Solidworks.

Drawing my B model in Solidworks.

So far this is what I have Done.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X