Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Ribs

Hi out there, would anyone have a photo of the 4-place model B (full) tip rib? An added bonus would be a detail of the attach points to the spars...

Thanks!

Tim

Don't know if this helps, the kit mounting plates are still in place.

Wing_Final.jpg
    Dave B.
    Plane Grips Co.
    www.planegrips.com

Comment

• 75Fox
      75Fox commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Dave, is this the rib that attaches to the outboard ends of the spars? It appears on the plans that there is one rib at the end of each wing that is the full profile of the airfoil. Thanks, Tim

This is the last rib at the tip, or ribs rather. The nose rib is still separate, you can see the split behind the plywood mounts in the pic. From the plans the only main ribs that are different are the short ribs (for the tank area) and the wing root rib, not counting the cutout "D" difference for ribs 1-5.
    Dave B.
    Plane Grips Co.
    www.planegrips.com

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean though, the plans do seem to indicate that last rib is "one piece". Guess the kits are different. But then why does the plans have you make 30 nose ribs... Now I'm confused and I didn't even have to make any ribs lol.
      Dave B.
      Plane Grips Co.
      www.planegrips.com

Comment

• Archer39J
        Archer39J commented
        Editing a comment
        It's possible those cutouts don't go through and are just there for manufacturing.

The kits have typically had multi-piece outboard ribs, which is a difference from the plans. There are a handfull of similar changes, such as the way the tunnel is done, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X