Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

news from Bearhawk Aircraft & factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• news from Bearhawk Aircraft & factory

Recently at the kit factory, they decided to try shipping the wings with the fuel tanks in place. If you recall, last May Bob showed the workers how to make up the tank straps and also drill the hole in the upper wing skin for the filler neck. It seems to have worked out well in that I have yet to hear any complaints from builders. See attached pictures.

Also, for scratch builders we will very soon be offering on our webstore sets (of 10 pieces) of the "control lugs" of 1/4" plate that are used in the weldments that attach the ailerons & flaps to the rear spar. We have had these made before with laser cutting. They were always rough and took clean up at the factory to be made usable. This time I got a real good price for these parts cut on a milling machine. I expect pricing to be in the $5.00 - $5.50 range each. And they will be nice. The center hole will be made to the plans and still need to be reamed out after welding. At the factory, they call these parts "the little Martians". Mark
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Originally posted by Mark Goldberg View Post
    At the factory, they call these parts "the little Martians". Mark
    I asked Mark about these last fall and they weren't available yet. This led me down the path of the attached photo, and I was not calling them little martians anymore.

Anyone about to build these should just STOP and jump on the offer, it's cheaper than your next bandsaw blade.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

I’ll definitely order them.
      Scott Ahrens
      Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

I love figuring out how to make stuff myself. But unless you own or work in a machine shop, some of the steel parts on the BH would be difficult to make, and local machine shops usually charge an arm an a leg for piece meal work. The parts Mark sells are very well made, and a bargain. If I was scratch building I would buy as many from him as were available.

Comment

• davzLSA
          davzLSA commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi syvolom Im a scratch builder and I have a lathe and a mill and a son who is a machinist and even with that I still have to pick my battles and I do buy many parts from Mark. They are a great value and I am glad they are there.
      Working...
      X