Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us what you did today on your Bearhawk Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take-offs and pattern layout calcs for my remaining spar channels. I've got access to a full sheetmetal shop for 3 days next week, I want to be prepared to make the most of it. 10426830_983699135052237_2475143281407367041_n.jpg
    Last edited by Phil; 12-26-2015, 07:28 PM.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

Comment

Just made push rod for Garmin pitch servo. Pretty straightforward. Will need to beef up floor under both servos. The roll servo is going to take a little more head scratching.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Larry Driver
      Bearhawk 4-Place Quickbuild N22LD
      Mogollon Airpark, Overgaard AZ

Comment

Finished filing and sanding 500 feet of cap strip edges this morning.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mark, where did you end up getting your cap strip materials from? Did you buy a sheet and rip it yourself, or find some 1/8" strips ready to cut?

• Chewie
          Chewie commented
          Editing a comment
          Vans Aircraft. Basically we got lucky. Caught them at the right time. They're just down the road. If you have a kit manufacturer near you it's worth checking.

• Phil
          Phil commented
          Editing a comment
          I just finished a session of the same. Got a few more nights work to go on mine, I can only do a couple before my hand craps up from holding the file.

Finished welding Aileron Flap control at wing root. Started leveling 2x4 for laying out cap strips on main spar
        Stan
        Austin Tx

Comment

Finished bending up the rest of my spar channels. Also bent up all the .032 rib attach angles.
          Phil Schaefer
          Patrol #073
          Working on Spars

Comment

Got back to working on the firewall forward. Have most of the parts, just trying to get psyched up for the thousand nutplates. IMG_2929.JPG

Comment

• Bcone1381
              Bcone1381 commented
              Editing a comment
              Holy Smokes. Where do they all go? I thought the wing was bad with all of them called for in the fuel tank cover and inspection holes! Looks like you are about 8 years ahead of me.

If you're going to do a bunch of nutplates, and don't already have the proper sized nutplate jig, I would HIGHLY encourage purchasing one (or borrowing one from someone who has one near you). It makes the job far less tedious, and even (a little bit) fun. I did all my aluminum floorboard attachment with nutplates so I can remove the floor for maintenance access. Aircraft Spruce has them in various sizes, so make sure you get the right ones for your nutplates.
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Patrol wing Aileron and Flap Rib blanks done tonight, as well as the false ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Christopher Owens
              Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
              Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
              Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Untitled by Jon Whee, on Flickr
                Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Hello there! A short report on my project Patrol #314. The bottom part of the fuselage almost prepared for welding
                  This gallery has 3 photos.
                  Patrol #314(scratch building)
                  Moscow, Russia

Comment

Also were ordered ribs, main spar and rear spars. All cap strips and plates are ready.
                    This gallery has 8 photos.
                    Patrol #314(scratch building)
                    Moscow, Russia

Comment

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

That's really cool whee!
                        Bobby Stokes
                        4-Place Kit Builder
                        Queen Creek, AZ
                        http://azbearhawk.com

Comment

I am laying out my main spars. So of course, my workbench is too short and I have to build a 16' worktable before I can continue.

Comment

Patrick, sounds like you are just a few steps ahead of me. I am interested in see how you lay things out. Keep us updated with photos and techniques.

I have been making plans for bending the sheet metal for the Spars and trailing edge materials. I found a sheet metal shop whom I plan to use to shear and bend everything. It would be real nice if it got done this week. We will see.
                            Brooks Cone
                            Southeast Michigan
                            Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
                            X