Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us what you did today on your Bearhawk Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those wingtips are amazing.
    Scott Ahrens
    Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

• I am preparing to cover the fuselage this summer. I ordered my fabric yesterday. I installed nut plates on the inboard rib of the Horizontal Stab to receive machine screws to secure a fairing in the future that will seal up the gap between the H-stab and the fuselage.
      IMG_2558.png
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• AKKen07
        AKKen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Brooks, did you decide to double cover or go traditional? I just finally covered the trim tabs (first actual airplane part) and the double lightweight cover looks ok so far!

• I upgraded my flap ring, 304 Stainless steel. D68944EB-EA1A-4415-BAF4-B8440F0878D2.jpeg

Comment

• 90971895-AE7A-493A-8B45-1B1FF0CE3F12.jpeg Installed my stainless flap ring, and made inspection cover and frame at the tail section. 6F8CA8C6-9193-4EF0-8EB9-88D8B1091AF2.jpeg45722673-CE82-4934-B2A4-EA134AC02102.jpeg
        Attached Files

Comment

• Just curious, why not cover the body, then build the horizontal stabs so that ths root ribs butt against the body. Then you don't need a root fairing.
          Gerry
          Patrol #30

Comment

• svyolo
            svyolo commented
            Editing a comment
            My answer is, because my kit came that way. But I like your question. Seems like an extra part. The best part, is no part.

• I fabricated a shroud fro my Throttle Quadrants and installed the headset jacks under the shroud. I try to keep all items I can off the instrument panel and moving these to the side at shoulder level opens up and simplifies the instrument panel. It also keeps cords from hanging down from overhead. I used Phenolic sheet 1/8 inch thick to attach the jacks to the bottom (brown in color) Phenolic is non conductive which will improve long term serviceability I think. Boeing installs them this way.
          IMG_2580.pngIMG_2583.png
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• 0D73F1FE-4571-41A6-9585-2507B9DC4306.jpeg88F78460-27C8-407B-806A-92AC04F73FEF.jpeg I installed the two static port holding plates, will likely route the plumbing up and over the top to the instrument panel. Up to stop water from entering the system.

Comment

• Working with fibreglass is not my strong point, but I am making up the wingtip leading edge, the landing light will be housed in there. 6FE6FCE5-EB91-448C-A0CE-E12DEDE5EA71.jpegDB8D0534-1BB4-4ECA-A54E-644E7F055762.jpeg

Comment

• Are you making a plug and then use the plug to make a mold?

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
                  Gerhard Rieger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I made a foam leading edge and are adding fibreglass over it, going to be a lot of sanding, I am making it thicker and will sand it back to flow perfectly with the aluminum.

• Drilled holes to mount control stick assembly to fuselage.
                Model B quick build started 2021

Comment

• AKKen07
                  AKKen07 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice, feels good to put moving parts on!

• Wiring hell for a week and a half, and I did the basic avionics harnesses 2 years ago. Trying to get everything to talk to each other, and the wire lengths correct. I wish I could recommend paying Dynon or Garmin to build it all for you, but making that all work with your custom layout may not work out.

I am really very experienced at 12v stuff, but this is the first time I designed and built an entire 12v system for a moving object. It is more work than I thought. But with EFI, if mine isn't spot on, I will spend to much time as a glider. When it is done I am sure I will be happy with what I did, but a carb and two magnetos is resonating in my mind. LOL.

Comment

• Today is dopamine release day......I powered up my avionics for the first time !
                  I can’t take any credit for the wiring, I simply used the Advanced Flight Systems off the shelf wiring looms which I can highly recommend, they really are “plug and play”. I installed the avionics wiring yesterday and added the network cables this morning.

I’ve also added a very light weight carpet that I found in the local rubber suppliers.

I’m currently making some mounts for the headset sockets in the wing root panels.

7EF429B0-075B-46DF-ABD9-255D694AD81A.jpeg75F8193F-D8EC-4292-9FEC-142F12DA311F.jpeg

54126C4C-5CA6-4976-BA08-42587CC56358.jpegEDFDC6EA-41E8-4172-BCA3-1AF9B2C13686.jpegFD9426E1-6C9F-4968-9C93-91E2DC6FF0FE.jpeg
                  Last edited by Nev; 04-30-2021, 05:35 AM.
                  Nev Bailey
                  Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                  YouTube - Build and flying channel
                  Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

• rodsmith
                    rodsmith commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great workmanship and I really like your seats.

• Gerhard Rieger
                    Gerhard Rieger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great progress, looking good

• huntaero
                    huntaero commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow nice clean panel good job

• Maybe this doesn't count, but I received my hardware package from Wicks today! LSA QB will not be here for another week or so.
                  LSA QB started 2/6/2022, My Build Log, N67BH reserved.

Comment

• Nev
                    Nev commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That definitely counts !

• Gerhard Rieger
                    Gerhard Rieger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Every moment counts, stay excited, I am still excited to receive a parcel with aircraft parts in after 10 years

• Bcone1381
                    Bcone1381 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When that hardware order arrived it felt overwhelming to me. I organized it all in small Plano organizer boxes i got from Menards. I recall the feeling changed to one of "In Control."

• My Patrol kit arrives in June and I’ve been ordering parts (mains, brakes, tailwheel on shelf). With Mark’s help I ordered the Wick’s hardware kit. The hardware arrived a week or so ago and I’ve been organizing and sorting. I had a brief career at Home Depot and lean toward pegboard displays. My wife thinks I’m OCD. Good luck with your build.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchmaster36 View Post
                    My Patrol kit arrives in June and I’ve been ordering parts (mains, brakes, tailwheel on shelf). With Mark’s help I ordered the Wick’s hardware kit. The hardware arrived a week or so ago and I’ve been organizing and sorting. I had a brief career at Home Depot and lean toward pegboard displays. My wife thinks I’m OCD. Good luck with your build.
                    A well organized shop and work area will serve you well and save tons of time! I've tried to be as organized as I possibly can, but my biggest problem continues to be where did I leave the tool that was just in my hand 30 seconds ago!
                    Rob Caldwell
                    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                    EAA Chapter 309
                    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

• AKKen07
                      AKKen07 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I third that. I often wish I took the time to make a rolling stand that I could drag around easily to drop tools on. I even drew up plans for one then just forgot about it as life happened. I would have a top surface about the size of a large grypmat and some open containers hanging off the sides for clecos...

• JimParker256
                      JimParker256 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I bought a stainless steel rolling "kitchen cart" from somewhere (IKEA, maybe?). It has one drawer and a couple of shelves in addition to the top. I attached a thick plywood layer on top to protect it if/when I used it to drill something. It's really nice to be able to grab the tools you expect to use, and roll them around with you. Shelves are nice to hold small parts (or other tools) you'll be using.

• davzLSA
                      davzLSA commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thats me Rob, sometimes I think dementia is setting in already!!
                  Working...
                  X