Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report bugs here.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time line not working in Taptalk. Taptalk HD doesn't work..says restricted access, comtact forum the administrator

Comment

I had troubles with the forum tying up my cpu. Tried installing Chrome again, seems successful (no crash this time). Forum seems to work much better, I'll see if this post attempt is successful. Thanks Again for all the efforts!!
      Mark J

Comment

• LSA-14
        LSA-14 commented
        Editing a comment
        There seems to be a fairly long running script when you first access the site. That may be what you are seeing.

I've just stumbled on something to try if you are having cookie-related problems. if you are using Chrome, try using an "incognito window." This mode has a different cookie handling that seems to work with the message board software when the regular mode gets jammed up. Firefox has a similar feature called a "private window." If you get stuck to where the software won't let you log out and won't let you post, this should get you back into business.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
        I've just stumbled on something to try if you are having cookie-related problems. if you are using Chrome, try using an "incognito window." This mode has a different cookie handling that seems to work with the message board software when the regular mode gets jammed up. Firefox has a similar feature called a "private window." If you get stuck to where the software won't let you log out and won't let you post, this should get you back into business.
        That's becasue Incognito/Private Browsing opens a window with no persistent cookies being read, so no session will be resumed. When you close the Incognito/Private Browsing window, your cookies are destroyed and your session is lost. You will have to login again. It's tantamount to clearing your cookies before opening the website, and clearing them again when you're done.

I experienced the long script/corrupted cookie issue the other day and deleted my *.bearhawkforum.com cookies, which fixed things, but definitely not convenient.

Comment

Tapatalk is still showing no unread threads. I can view the forum with Tapatalk HD tho'...
          Patrol #107
          LSA #005

Comment

Taptalk HD is now working. Pictures are not coming through. Mark M. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

FYI Some website links posted are abbreviating to the main website domain not the link posted.
              Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Why do I keep getting a question if I want to open a *.json file everytime I try to do something?
                Russ Erb
                Bearhawk #164 "Three Sigma" (flying), Rosamond CA
                Bearhawk Reference CD
                http://bhcd.erbman.org

Comment

For sites I have to visit for business, I recently had to upgrade to IE 11 about two weeks ago. I hate doing the IE updates for no reason as I usually end up with glitches for a while. Since then I am having issues with a few sites including this forum. I cannot upload files, doesn't 'un-bold' previously read pages, and when I try to post, it pops up for me to 'save' or 'download'. I have to refresh to see that the new message is posted. If I switch over to Chrome, everything is fine. I haven't tried Firefox, but my son told me it's his failsafe browser. He does research for NASA so I usually listen to his tech advice.
                  Last edited by Jflyer; 12-21-2013, 06:17 PM.
                  John, Naples FL
                  Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
                  Patrol Plans #006
                  Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

Thanks John. That's exactly what is happening to me. It helps a little to know it's not just me.
                    Russ Erb
                    Bearhawk #164 "Three Sigma" (flying), Rosamond CA
                    Bearhawk Reference CD
                    http://bhcd.erbman.org

Comment

Welcome Russ, I'm not an expert, but I have cobbled together a few websites over the years and have taken various online courses for web design and HTML programming. One constant throughout a number of courses are statements about taking special care when programming certain items for IE due to "this change or that update." These statements almost always end with....." At least until Microsoft makes another change or update with IE, which they will once again not inform the web design community about".... Microsoft is known for expecting the web design community to follow their lead. However that is starting to change the past few years with the community working towards a common HTML programming/language guidelines. MS just hasn't yet thrown in the towel.
                      Last edited by Jflyer; 12-22-2013, 06:04 PM.
                      John, Naples FL
                      Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
                      Patrol Plans #006
                      Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

How come when I hit the "post reply" button I get a message asking if I want to "open or save 71fc0381.json from bearhawkforums.com" I cancel that message and the PC just sits there, a little "working" message up top but not doing anything. Then if I refresh, my message is posted. This site did not used to do that.

Doug

P.S. its not always the same file name but is "xxxx.json"

P.S.S. Sorry. I thought I was still IE10 but it is IE11 as stated in earlier posts. Any way to fix or work around it yet.
                        Last edited by DRLPatrol; 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM.
                        Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Hi Doug, unfortunately, I don't have any good news. The problem seems to be a bug with the forum software and Internet Explorer, particularly IE11. The best answer that I can give you, and it's not a good answer, is to try a different browser, perhaps Chrome.

Comment

Either Chrome or Firefox are VERY good answers to Internet Exploder. -- Bearhawk

Comment

Thanks Kestrel, This post is done on Chome. We'll see what happens.
                              Doug

P.S. Cool it worked.
                              Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Working...
                              X