Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I Took a BH Builder On His First BH Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I Took a BH Builder On His First BH Flight

Today I had the absolute pleasure of taking Louisiana based Bearhawk builder Brad Ripp and his family on their first BH flight. They are visiting family in Penticton BC and got up at 4am this morning to drive 4hrs to Vancouver to go flying. We hit a local gravel bar and Chilliwack airport for fuel before returning to Pitt Meadows Airport to let Brad's wife and son out so that he could get a little stick time. Brad had never flown tailwheel or a Bearhawk which is something that I can relate to from when I bought mine from Gavin Chester. Despite what Brad may tell you he did a great job considering they were his first tailwheel / Bearhawk takeoffs and landings.

Im not a builder Im just a pilot but I can say that the only thing better than taking a kid for their first flight is taking a builder for a first flight in the machine that they are slaving away at. I hope it was enough of a taste to motivate Brad to finish his project after experiencing the light at the end of the tunnel. That and so that I can go for a Bearhawk flight in Louisiana! He was even kind enough to bring me a 2018 Bearhawk calendar which is awesome might I add!

If you get a chance to meet the Ripp family, do it! They are some of the nicest folks I've met!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Bearhawk 4 Place
    IO-540
    MGL Odyssey Gen 2 EFIS
    ABW 29" Tires
    Appareo ESG ADSB-Out
    Garmin GTR-200 COMM

That's great, you certainly made his day. I still remember the excitement of getting my first Bearhawk ride from Pat Fagan.

Comment

I got my first ride from DemoDollCate. A day to remember!
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Brad is a great guy, I got to spend some time with him also.

Comment

Wow. What a ride. Ryan is an Amazing ambassador to BC flying and to the Bearhawk community. Thanks Ryan!! I hope we can one day do that LA flight.
          What a freakin awesome plane!! I bought the kit never even having seen one in person. I just read what all the owners said about them and all were right! Ryan’s plane is beautiful and climbs like a rocket. What a thrill to actually have a gravel bar landing on my first ride. (And Jared, I’m sure you are very right about guys riding in a 540 Bearhawk don’t want any other engine
          Thanks Ryan!!

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Great picture Brad! It's wonderful that Ryan brought your family for a ride and showed y'all that beautiful area.
              Two questions though... what's that white stuff all over the ground? Did you see any gators?

Bill

Comment

He forgot to migrate south 3 months ago. I thought thats what airplanes were for. I spend the summers in Bellingham, just south of Vancouver. But currently N7 53".

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Brad Ripp
                    Brad Ripp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure why my text didn't show with the picture. Ryan was also gracious enough to give me a BC General Aviation Association T shirt. Thanks Ryan!
                Working...
                X