Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two place side by side Bearhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two place side by side Bearhawk

When are the plans coming out for the two place side by side??? Im kinda disappointed I didn’t hear about it here on the forum first instead of in a magazine article.

Mark told me a couple of weeks.

Comment

It was posted as an idea on the forum on 8/10, then announced on 8/13 that a firm order had been made and the Companion was a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Ramsey View Post
        Im kinda disappointed I didn’t hear about it here on the forum first instead of in a magazine article.
        ...the rest of us did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Ramsey View Post
          When are the plans coming out for the two place side by side??? Im kinda disappointed I didn’t hear about it here on the forum first instead of in a magazine article.
          Have you been reading the forum "General Discussion / News" much? It's been the talk of the town.

Comment

Guess I missed it. I usually jump straight to the 4-place plans built or the classifieds. I want plans for the companion when ever they’re available

Comment

Update on plans availability. I sent message to Bob's website and got this response:

Ken, thank you for your email and interest. The Bearhawk Companion plans are not available. One is being built and then tested and after that they will be available on the website for purchase.

Comment

kenryan Thanks. I guess that means we need to wait 3+ years to buy plans?

Comment

I doubt any responsible designer is going to release plans until static and flight testing have confirmed that everything meets the appropriate spec.

Comment

Bob is a fast builder. My guess is that plans will be available next year.

Comment

This might be a 100% a new guy question but what do people think about starting a build with patrol wings then in a year or two years when the plans to the Companion are released tackle the fuselage. Thoughts?

Comment

Concerning plans availability of the new Companion model - there must have been some miscommunication. Bob told me that he will have plans ready when the first Companion kit goes out to a customer in late October or early November. That is when plans will be available from Bob for purchase. Mark

Comment

Mark Goldberg Thank you sir. Do let us know if we can order them ahead of time. I’ve been battling patrol/4-place and this made the decision easy. Companion! Thanks again. Nick SLC, Utah.

Comment

Bob sells the plans to scratch builders. So you should contact him directly. On the other hand if you intend to build from our kit - then I can help you. That is kind of how it works. Mark

Comment

Mark Goldberg - apologies. Thanks Mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X