Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabric interior puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric interior puzzle

Howdy folks, I have finished the tail surfaces with Stewart Systems up to a double layer of fabric and now am starting to cover the interior of the plane. It has gone fairly smoothly so far, did the ceiling in parts much like Nev. I admittedly used his build log as a guide (thanks for all the detail there, Nev!) But I can't find images of how anybody has managed the transition from the door post to the window on the left side of the plane. I tried and failed to get a good result yesterday, so I would love to see any examples of this section if anybody has images to share. Most of the images I've found are not close in enough or from the wrong angle for me to see it clearly.
    Currently I think I will try wrapping the post individually and then using a separate piece for the window section of the interior, leaving a "flap" to glue to the pre-wrapped post. Not sure if that makes sense but doing the post and interior section with the window as one piece was a mess. Perhaps my origami skills are lacking.
    Thank you in advance!
    Almost flying!

I wrapped the post separately. I’ll get some pics later for you. Wasn’t my prettiest work, but seems ok.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Huh, interesting! It looks like you might have some structure by the window that I don’t have. Or is that little shelf looking area inside the window purely fabric?
      Almost flying!

Comment

This might help. I tried to focus on the post, but my cellphone camera sometimes focused on the background.

20210529_220007.jpg20210529_215826.jpg20210529_220034.jpg20210529_215750.jpg20210529_211828.jpg20210529_215843.jpg

Comment

Here’s a couple of pics of mine, photo quality is very average sorry.

EFF16383-CAAD-416E-ADAA-85400464FCD0.jpeg
          3BCA67F6-E0CD-4B76-9088-FF79DBA6F371.png

Nev Bailey
          Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
          YouTube - Build and flying channel
          Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

• AKKen07
            AKKen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Nev, that looks very clean! Wrapping the post then sticking the window section to it seems like the way to go. Cheers!

It’s a transition piece from the window frame to the door post to help it look a bit more finished. YMMV

homebuilt aircraft, builders log, experimental, experimental aircraft, 51% rule, fifty-one percent rule, 51% percent rule, aircraft homebuilt kit, aircraft homebuilt plan, aircraft composite homebuilt, aircraft experimental homebuilt, aircraft experimental kit

homebuilt aircraft, builders log, experimental, experimental aircraft, 51% rule, fifty-one percent rule, 51% percent rule, aircraft homebuilt kit, aircraft homebuilt plan, aircraft composite homebuilt, aircraft experimental homebuilt, aircraft experimental kit

Comment

• AKKen07
            AKKen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks great Paul, unfortunately that won't work for my setup. I'd have to custom fabricate a whole new window frame! Beautiful work though.
        Working...
        X