Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Barrows accident at N21 airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple more thoughts, the lower lines at the other end of the airport are marked with balls, who took responsibility for that? and how does the utility justify not maintaining the new and higher lines to ( at very least ) the same standard as lines at the opposite end of the same airfield? I noticed that the property is also used by the local EMS who maintain a monthly lease at the property, perhaps they might be good allies if you had to go to the utility commission.

Comment

Any news on the rebuilding of N289EH?
      Frank Forney
      Englewood CO
      https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
      EAA Chapter 301

Comment

Screenshot_20210718-120939.png
        It is flying again, and back at Bob's house.
        Last edited by jaredyates; 07-18-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Frank
          Frank commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! A photo or two? Can't think of anything more inspirational than that!

• jaredyates
          jaredyates commented
          Editing a comment
          I have added a photo to the post.

August 2022 accident at the same airport.
        Pilot was very very lucky in how the 172 collided with the ground tail first and absorbed a tremendous amount of energy. Had it not completely flipped prior to impact it would have been a different story.

Someone at NTSB / FAA needs to have their a$$ chewed for not requiring marker balls to be installed.

30K views, 240 likes, 2 loves, 117 comments, 113 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Aviation Accidents / This Day in History: - NTSB issue the final report into a powerline strike involving a Cessna...

Comment

• Battson
          Battson commented
          Editing a comment
          That is so ridiculous. How can someone not sort this out... in this day and age!

Bob told me that there have been two accidents at that airport after his. I can't remember the details but they have now marked that wire on the approach to land. Bob is very bitter that it took two more accidents to get anything done there. Mark

Comment

• Battson
          Battson commented
          Editing a comment
          As he should be.
          The cost of one damaged aircraft greatly outweighs the cost of installing a warning strip or ball.
          The airport company and the electrical network owner must have a degree of culpability in all those accidents. I am surprised nobody sued yet.

• svyolo
          svyolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I know a couple people dealing with the FAA the last 3 years. Most of the government has been on a 3 year holiday...........sorry, "work from home" program the last 3 years.

This is completely stupid. If a heavier plane hits the wires (and multiple people dead) and then they have to be re-strung by the power companny---- will that job be more or less cost to the power company than mounting plastic balls ???? of course, they are probably just spending our tax dollars so what do they care either way------

Comment

Working...
        X