Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model 5 in Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 in Flight

Not sure who this is, but it came out yesterday
    N678C
    https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
    Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

That's Ryan Barker on his way to deliver my latest build (N60BH) to it's new owner in California. Nice landing Ryan!

Comment

For those that may not have seen Collin’s latest work, here are a few pics
      28516236-2278-4340-9A6C-48A8246326F5.jpg4E9C37C7-3FB5-4901-9372-EDE1E99ACFC6.jpg42DC9517-190C-4F5B-9843-FA6BAE7D22E4.jpg71ABEE4B-2167-4CA4-946A-843C29AB4C6E.jpg

Comment

I have a couple more videos from the flight that I’ll try to get posted on YouTube. Hopefully Gary (the new owner) will post some pics/videos here when he has time.

Comment

Taking off out of Collins on the first leg of the XC

Comment

Collin Campbell your ability to put these things together is amazing. Can I just spend a summer out at your place and pick your brain? I think that would save me time in the long run.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Great job Collin Campbell! How did this one weigh in with the lighter engine but more interior options and wheels?

Comment

• Collin Campbell
                Collin Campbell commented
                Editing a comment
                This one come in at 1597 lbs. Not sure what the difference in engine weight is, but we added the aux tanks /pumps/ plumbing, third row seat/ windows/ seat belts/ float fittings, landing lights, strobes/ position lights. With the G3X system there are a lot of wires! Still a good decent empty weight though with all the extras.... Collin

• Brett795
                Brett795 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!

Collin Campbell another fabulous machine. How did the weight and balance work out? Does it still require the additional ballast?

Comment

Collin is probably still in the shop building Model 5 #3. Not sure what happened to the rest of my post, but it should have said 65# in the red airplane vs 152# in the prototype.
                Last edited by flashf16; 11-30-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Bcone1381
                  Bcone1381 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you be more specific? Are you saying 65# ballast puts you at the forward end of the CG envelope when flying solo?

• RobinDeMarco
                  RobinDeMarco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the update,

Correct. Basically 2 weights (vs 4 in the prototype) to keep you inside the forward edge of the envelope.

Comment

Working...
                X