Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Station C-S Angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station C-S Angle?

I can't find anything indicating the angle of station C-S. I see the bottom gear shock strut fitting is angled to 18 deg, and I'm assuming the C-S should match that. Looks like BTAZ matched the angle of the front door frame, which looks to be around 17.75 deg. Can anyone point to where this angle is shown in the plans, or is it a scale-to-the-drawings item.

The angle of the centerline of C-S is drawn on the right side of drawing 24. I think this is the same location you are referring to. I did not measure the angle myself. I set a temporary jig to the plan angle. Cross checked by dropping a couple plumb lines and scaled the measurements to confirm everything.
    Last edited by sbmurphey; 02-13-2016, 06:35 PM.
    Stephen B. Murphey
    Bearhawk LSA
    Building #L-089

Comment

Thanks Stephen. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an angle callout somewhere. I think 18 degrees is the number, but I'll double check it one more time to the plans before welding.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What I did seemed to have worked out in that it is a straight line from the center of the axles to the top of the truss.

Note I don't know what the absolute angle is,just that I matched the other station

Comment

sbmurphey

BTAZ

It looks like both of you hung a plumb bob off the front of the furthest forward upper fuselage tube at C/L to center it. Do you recall where this fell in relation to the bottom gear truss tube? Looking at both or your photos, it looks like the tip of the plumb bob is close to the aft side of the bottom gear truss tube. Placing the front of the upper tube (P) roughly in line with the back of (C). With my firewall jigged to plans, the forward cabin diagonals that run from the top center of the firewall to main spar carry through seem to be coming up a little short, and are wanting the firewall to rotated further back, or the top fuselage to come further forward. I'll check the fit of the rear fuselage tubing and likely strike a compromise. I know the tail post locates the fore and aft location of the top tubing, but I wish there were some additional alignment numbers on the main spar fore and aft location when the fuselage is assembled. I'm not too concerned, a little variation is expected, just curious what you had.

Comment

Sorry for the rotation. I will have to fix the photo when I get back to a PC. From memory and looking back at this photo. The line fell from the front of the top tube to the center of the lower tube at C-S.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.
            Last edited by sbmurphey; 02-20-2016, 09:12 PM.
            Stephen B. Murphey
            Bearhawk LSA
            Building #L-089

Comment

Very much appreciated. I ended up being very close to that same location.

Comment

Working...
              X