Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geraldmorrissey
    replied
    This show doesn't have any of that. The only drama is the weather and an occasional bear.The bush planes are portrayed as flying pickup trucks. Not pretty, all utility. My interest is in how they strap the cargo on. And as far as Discover getting out of Alaska, aint gonna happen. The land and the people are too interesting. I see all the cruise ships here in Seattle heading north.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Leave a comment:

• zkelley2
    replied
    I've yet to see it, but I dream of the day Discovery et al leave Alaska for good.

They were in Iliamna today shooting a PC12 doing a lap in the pattern. I'm sure they'll somehow turn a single lap in the pattern in a turbine airplane into some kind of crazy bush flying or how he cheated death!!!!!
    it'll be super dramatic and right up there with the other dumbest things ever put on TV if it's anything like every other flying show in Alaska I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• whee
    replied
    Hi Gerald,

On my 4 place I added float fittings with the extra intent of using them to attach a belly pod or an exterior rack to haul kayaks. I haven’t built the rack but I’m sure you can imagine how one could attach a rack to the rear main gear fittings and to the float fittings. Same thing could be done to the Patrol except I have more room for stuff with the wider body. 😁😉

I’ll have to check out the show; it sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• geraldmorrissey
    started a topic Building Alaska

Building Alaska

Having fun watching that show. Cubs flying around with canoes, plywood and 2x6's strapped to their bellies. Hard core bush flying. Big tires, unassuming pilots, curious about the tiedowns used on the Supercubs. Anyone adding tiedown accomadtions on the bellies of their Patrols?
    Gerry
    Patrol #30
    Last edited by geraldmorrissey; 07-19-2021, 08:40 PM.
Working...
X