Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First flight of new Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First flight of new Patrol

Joe Perdue took delivery of a Patrol Quick Build kit in mid November 2018. It has been ready to fly for almost a month but weather and DAR delays have delayed first flight. Last night before dusk there was a break in the weather and winds so Joe got in 3 flights. He was really happy with how the plane flew. Very impressed with how the shock struts behaved on landing. More to come as Joe gets to fly his Patrol more. Mark Joe Perdue 1.jpegJoe Perdue 2.jpeg
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Congrats Joe and Mark on another Patrol in the air!

Comment

Wow, that was a quick build.

Comment

Very nice looking plane. Congratulations!
        Scott Ahrens
        Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Pretty plane. Makes me feel like I really did pick the right one to build.
          Gerry
          Patrol #30

Comment

That’s a beautiful Patrol! Am I understanding correctly that the plane was built in 6 months?

Bill

Comment

• svyolo
              svyolo commented
              Editing a comment
              If it was, he didn't spend 24 months trying to figure out how to do things. My second build, would take 6 months. My first. 16-24.

Indeed, Joe built his Patrol in about 6.5 months. Joe also runs a business so it was not a retirement project that he could spend all his time on. It is outstanding that he completed it so fast. Mark

Comment

Feeling suitably humbled... But what a gorgeous Patrol!
              Jim Parker
              Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
              RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Extremely nice looking build for such a short time. He obviously was committed to his project!! Congrats on your first flight!

Comment

Sometimes I think those who do not show there face on this forum have a higher and faster completion than folks like me (us). On the other hand this forum really helps me navigate the process, and help develop skills and knowledge for building. There is a balance. Those who don't need it can go to town on the build!
                  Brooks Cone
                  Southeast Michigan
                  Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                    Mark Goldberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are 100% right Brooks. While research and discussion on the computer are needed, the airplane is not getting built while we are sitting at our desks. Out in the shop is where the building progress happens. Mark

How many Patrol kits have been sold, and how many are flying?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                    Mark Goldberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe around 30 Patrols are now flying. Maybe we have sold around 70 kits. Mark

Congratulations on completion of a beautiful plane!
                  I am also impressed on the build time! What is Joe's prior building or aircraft maintenance experience? My building experience so far is that I have spent far more time wondering/figuring out what to do than actually doing! None of it is very complicated if you just know what to do!

Comment

beautiful bird congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X