Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Run of Boonie Hats - Thread colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale New Run of Boonie Hats - Thread colors

truspec3312F.png
    We're making up a run of these Tru-Spec adjustable boonie hats. They have a little draw string that allows the head size to be adjusted, and are made of a rip-stop nylon. The first batch of hats is going to be black (shall we say, "tactical"?), and rather than have them embroidered with the usual red and white airplane, I've thought about having them done with less contrasting thread colors, like this:

monochrome_embroidery.png

The price will be $20 plus a couple for shipping, and we could do them as the regular 4-place Bearhawk, LSA, or Patrol. Does anyone want one? Let me know here or via email if so please.

Yes!! I would love a hat. Doesn't matter to me if it specifies the model. Let me know when you're ready for orders.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Is the sizing a little bigger than the old ones? I bought one, but it won't fit my (admittedly larger-than-average) head...
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      Patrol Quick-Build Serial # P312

Comment

• jaredyates
        jaredyates commented
        Editing a comment
        The only spec I can find is an unofficial 8 1/8 at the widest setting. As always, I'm happy to send you one to try that you can send back if it doesn't fit.I'll even cover the return postage.

​​​​I'm interested. Like the thread colors.
      John

Comment

I would get 2.
        Dave B.
        Edmonds, WA
        4 Place Quick Build

Comment

I'm interested. As far as model I think it would be better left off so it works for all since we all have Bearhawks. I too am one of those large melon guys.
          CJ

Comment

Originally posted by JimParker256 View Post
            Is the sizing a little bigger than the old ones? I bought one, but it won't fit my (admittedly larger-than-average) head...
            Sounds like it would work. I'll take one. And while I don't care all that much about having the "model-specific" name on the cap, I do like the picture. And I can squint a bit and say "Yeah, that's a 4-place" or squint again and say "Yeah, that's a Patrol/LSA." I like the monochrome – er, Tactical – look.
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            Patrol Quick-Build Serial # P312

Comment

Working...
            X