Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling your Bearhawk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Selling your Bearhawk?

Hi all, If anyone is considering selling their flying Bearhawk, please let me know. I’ve had numerous calls from Canadians wanting to purchase flying Bearhawk’s. Please email me at mike@bearhawkcanada.ca, thankyou

I'm curious Mike, what model are they looking for?
    I'm a Tapatalk user so I can't see your "comment"

Comment

4-place is the most requested, then the Patrol

Comment

Mine sold way too fast. Demand is good

Comment

Ya, it’s a good sign. People are catching on, lol

Comment

There is a Carbon Cub, or a twin on Bstormers right now for 315,000. Sportsman 2+2's go for 160-200k.

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
              There is a Carbon Cub, or a twin on Bstormers right now for 315,000. Sportsman 2+2's go for 160-200k.
              Considering how much more utility there is in a bearhawk, it should go for more.

If there was a 2 week to taxi program, they probably would. People think that after they spend far too much on a 2+2 in the TW2T program, it's then worth what they paid.

Comment

Well like everything else,, things are worth what the buyer is willing to spend. There’s a ton of Carbon cubs and sportsman kits sold every year..and guess why

Comment

Originally posted by Isilverone View Post
                  Well like everything else,, things are worth what the buyer is willing to spend. There’s a ton of Carbon cubs and sportsman kits sold every year..and guess why
                  Marketing.

Comment

They are very complete kits, and advertise them as such. They are also very expensive kits. Worth it? I really never considered either. Neither is what I wanted. Price wasn't the issue.

If the BH kit was 40k more, but done to the same level of detail, would I have bought it? Yep.

I have learned a lot more this why.

Comment

Marketing is close but not exactly.

Bearhawks are for builders. You don’t build a Sportsman, carbon cub or RV,, you assemble them easily and there purchased by people with more money than time. Majority of Bearhawkers are more interested in investing time rather than money. The demographic buying carbon cubs and sportsman want a sexy, refined airplane and don’t care if the plane is 1220lbs vs 1310lbs. They care about the type of leather on the seats, the carpet, and pride themselves on who can fill there panel with more screens, including screens for the rear seat. Install some Alaskan bush wheels, VG’s and now there bush pilots.

I read today on Vans website that there is 1.5 RV’s finished per day in the world. It’s not because they are “total performance”, it’s because people know with 100% confidence that as long as they follow the very detailed 3D exploded view instructions, pull the correct bolt out of the vacume bagged supplied hardware package etc that they will have an airplane. My buddy built a sportsman in the 2 week to taxi program for about 210k 6 years ago and said his grandma in a wheelchair could of done it too.

I digress,,anyway, my point is that there is a market for Sexy airplanes and if anyone wants to start pumping them out,,,, I’ve got a market.
                      Last edited by Isilverone; 02-06-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• svyolo
                        svyolo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is a better answer than mine.

Originally posted by Isilverone View Post
                      Marketing is close but not exactly.

Bearhawks are for builders. You don’t build a Sportsman, carbon cub or RV,, you assemble them easily and there purchased by people with more money than time. Majority of Bearhawkers are more interested in investing time rather than money. The demographic buying carbon cubs and sportsman want a sexy, refined airplane and don’t care if the plane is 1220lbs vs 1310lbs. They care about the type of leather on the seats, the carpet, and pride themselves on who can fill there panel with more screens, including screens for the rear seat. Install some Alaskan bush wheels, VG’s and now there bush pilots.

I read today on Vans website that there is 1.5 RV’s finished per day in the world. It’s not because they are “total performance”, it’s because people know with 100% confidence that as long as they follow the very detailed 3D exploded view instructions, pull the correct bolt out of the vacume bagged supplied hardware package etc that they will have an airplane. My buddy built a sportsman in the 2 week to taxi program for about 210k 6 years ago and said his grandma in a wheelchair could of done it too.

I digress,,anyway, my point is that there is a market for Sexy airplanes and if anyone wants to start pumping them out,,,, I’ve got a market.
                      I think we're saying the same thing. I think if you "built" and sold bearhawks for 250k you'd sell a lot of them. An M7-260 starts at 338k, and that is by far the closest thing.

Comment

The off-topic conversation originally attached to this post has been moved here. Thanks for the suggestion Battson
                        ​Christopher Owens, EAA #808438
                        Project "Expedition"
                        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans #991
                        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans #P313
                        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Working...
                        X