Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O-470 Engine Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-470 Engine Mount

O-470 Engine mount that came with my project I bought second hand and am not going to use.

$740+ship.

Is this an Avipro mount?

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBFlying View Post
      Is this an Avipro mount?
      Yes it is.

Comment

Someone needs to buy this, build up a IO470 with GTSIO520 cylinders and let me know how it works😎
        I'm a Tapatalk user so I can't see your "comment"

Comment

Originally posted by whee View Post
          Someone needs to buy this, build up a IO470 with GTSIO520 cylinders and let me know how it works😎
          I thought about this, but the weight is pretty significant. If your mission was SL to FL180 in 6 minutes, I think it's a great idea.
          Last edited by zkelley2; 02-15-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Whee--- can you tell is about the IO-470 using 520 cylinders....... tell us about what the cyls do --- Im assuming it raises the cubic inch ?
            How much does that increase the weight ? Is that sort of making a contental version of a lycoming IO-540 ?????

Comment

Sounds like the dash-50 conversion

https://pponk.com/engines/
              ​Christopher Owens, EAA #808438
              Project "Expedition"
              Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans #991
              Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans #P313
              Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Sorry about the off topic discussion zkelley. Keeps your thread at the top though😉

Originally posted by fairchild View Post
                Whee--- can you tell is about the IO-470 using 520 cylinders....... tell us about what the cyls do --- Im assuming it raises the cubic inch ?
                How much does that increase the weight ? Is that sort of making a contental version of a lycoming IO-540 ?????
                It’s basically like Chris pointed out with the link to Pponk. Increases the cubic inches by 50. Easier to just buy an IO520 but then you’d have to build your own engine mount. IO520 is rated at 285hp.

The GTSIO cylinders are the thing I want to do different. They flow better and put the intake system on top of the engine like my IO360. Should produce 300hp. The GTSIO cylinders are supposedly lighter but I don’t know that for sure or how much it might be. The weight discussion is for a different thread, and I think ones exists, but I’d take a close look at the weight numbers available (TCDS) before casting off an engine because it weighs too much.
                I'm a Tapatalk user so I can't see your "comment"

Comment

I also have the lord mounts for the engine mount.

Comment

Working...
                  X