Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 4pl. wing materials kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Bearhawk 4pl. wing materials kit

Ribs /angles(not attached) Sioux-new 3X rivet gun with tools
    Cap strips Bearhawk Rivet package
    Spar plates Flap return springs
    All Wing hardware + pulleys Wing struts
    Wing skin matl. (2boxes) Wing strut ends(CNC)
    Spar channels Wing tank matls.

304-755-7282

Package is in West Virginia.
    $2500.00

For any new folks wondering about this, that's a great deal Dallas is offering!

Comment

And Dallas is a long-time and well-trusted member of the Bearhawk community!

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
        And Dallas is a long-time and well-trusted member of the Bearhawk community!
        I second that. Not a spammer. I highly endorse him!
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Well, I just got off the phone with Dallas and the wing materials kit was still available so I've officially committed myself to building a Bearhawk!

It's been a long time coming, I actually purchased the Russ Erb CDs and Bearhawk builder Manual back in Jan 2016! Since then I've been mulling the what (not if) to build question and I've always oscillated back and forth between RVs and the Bearhawk. A big part of the decision for my wife and I has been about how this airplane will fit into our lifestyle. We both love to hike, camp, and explore the outdoors. We want the plane to help us open more doors to continue doing the things we love. So at the end of the day I think the sacrifice of some of the RV's speed for the utility of the Bearhawk is well worth it!

Super excited for finally get started!

Joe
          Gaithersburg, MD
          EAA Chapter 524
          Cherokee Driver
          Bearhawk 4-Place Builder #1582

Comment

So, after making the trek through fog, rain, and big wet snow flakes, I'm home and in possession of the wing materials kit. I know that Dallas and Dan are not active here (that I know of) but I wanted to thank them (again) for their generosity, time and stories. Dallas included a fiberglass split nose bowl and some other steel bits and pieces for the fuselage on top of everything that will be needed to finish the wings. I haven't had a chance to fully unpack everything, but i'm well on the way. All the ribs are formed and flanged, some will need lightning holes cut. all metal hardware is welded up and primed. Spars are bent and ready for layout.

After loading up we went over to Dans hanger and he showed me his JMR Special which he designed himself and is very close to completing. He also shared some stories and pictures of some very nice Cessnas he's restored over the years. As I was leaving he passed me a jig to mount up a bottle jack and hold a rivet set which can be used to drive the spar rivets.

By a longshot the company was the best part of the trip!
            Joe
            Gaithersburg, MD
            EAA Chapter 524
            Cherokee Driver
            Bearhawk 4-Place Builder #1582

Comment

Congrats, Joe, I think you made the right decision on the build. I can say this as I am a recovering RV-8 builder and owner (13 years of awesome flying), but it just wasn't the kind of flying my wife and I wanted to do. I know there are quite a few ex-RVers on these forums so there must be something to it :-)
              -------------------
              Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
              4 Seat Bearhawk #1078 (Scratch building)
              RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

• jsuhre
                jsuhre commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Mark, very much looking forward to this adventure!
            Working...
            X