Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol Deluxe Quick-Build "Seaplane" Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Patrol Deluxe Quick-Build "Seaplane" Kit

STATUS UPDATE: The kit has been sold. I will let the new owner / builder introduce himself when he's ready. Thanks to all who called, wrote, or texted me about it. - Jim

I am reluctantly offering my Patrol kit for sale. Health issues are making it impossible for me to get any work done on the plane, and it is just killing me to have it sitting in the workshop with no progress being made. I want it to go to someone who will finish it and fly it.

This is the "Deluxe" version of the QB Fuselage kit (factory welded – including all the tabs). The QB wing kit is still in the factory shipping crate. The plans (SN P312) are in a nice portfolio to stay clean and organized. Invoices for all major items are included.

This particular kit is for the "Seaplane" model, with float fittings and doors on both sides for easy access. The fuselage is sitting on its gear (landing gear struts assembled, 8:50 tires on Grove 6" wheels with dual-caliper brakes, and 10" BHTailwheels). The aluminum floorboards are installed with nutplates for easy maintenance access. Tail frame is mostly complete, lacking only rudder cable installation. Included (and fitted/installed) are the Steen Aero Bruton SS rolled-thread tail wires (streamlined uppers, round lowers). Attached is a PDF file with more detailed information about what's included and what's been completed thus far.

I've got over $47,000 invested (not to mention 400+ hours of my labor). I'm asking $40,000 for everything. That's well under the cost of just the QB kit itself today.

This has been an agonizing decision... Recurring plantar fasciitis (3 years and counting) makes it extremely painful to be on my feet for very long. And last year, I somehow tore the rotator cuffs – both shoulders. I've completed rehab, and my doctor says the shoulders have improves as much as they are going to, but the resultant pain and weakness makes it almost impossible to reach over my head, or hold tools in the awkward positions one must often assume to build a plane.

The decision to sell the Patrol kit is even more painful, but I don't see any way that I'll be able to complete the plane myself, and it needs to fly! Let me know if you're interested, and I can get you pictures or whatever additional information you need.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JimParker256; 02-24-2020, 07:45 AM.
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES – E-LSA powered by 100 HP Rotax 912ULS

Wow Jim I am so sad to hear about your health issues and the fact you want to sell your project. I cant buy your project but I was really glad to hear your comments and your advise on my project. I hope you can find a good home for your project and I hope you will still comment and give advise here on the forum. But most of all I hope your health issues get better.

Comment

So sorry to hear of this Jim.
      Enjoy your new plane!

Comment

Jim, PM sent to you. Lee
        Patrol QB #312

Comment

Jim, really sorry about your health issues.

Comment

Jim, So sorry to hear about your illness, you have been a very good contributor to the forum, your knowledge continues to blow me away. Even though you can't physically complete your airplane please stay on the forum and continue to enlighten us all. Sincerely, Stinger

Comment

Hi Jim and D'anne! I can’t express how sad it makes me to hear your decision. Sad, but not without understanding. I’m ready for another project, but my arthritic thumbs are creating grave doubt. I’m at that point, where I know what I want to do, but have doubts about my ability to do it... It may be better to grab a flying project and spend some time 'making it mine'. Kinda saddens me to think that way, but really opens more possibilities, ya know.
              The project should always relieve stress, not create it. You’ve made the decision. It’s the right decision. Now think of the possibilities you’ve created! Personally, I think a Hughes 269 would look good in your yard!
              Just saying....

Bill

Comment

Thanks, Stinger. I'll probably stick around... I've learned a lot hanging around the forum, and I've made so many good friends... I can't imagine NOT checking the forums while drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning!

Plus, on a personal note, I hope to be able to follow along as the buyer completes "my" plane... Just sorry it won't be me.
                Jim Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Bdflies View Post
                  Hi Jim and D'anne! I can’t express how sad it makes me to hear your decision. Sad, but not without understanding. I’m ready for another project, but my arthritic thumbs are creating grave doubt. I’m at that point, where I know what I want to do, but have doubts about my ability to do it... It may be better to grab a flying project and spend some time 'making it mine'. Kinda saddens me to think that way, but really opens more possibilities, ya know.
                  The project should always relieve stress, not create it. You’ve made the decision. It’s the right decision. Now think of the possibilities you’ve created! Personally, I think a Hughes 269 would look good in your yard!
                  Just saying....

Bill
                  Thanks, Bill. I appreciate your comments more than you can know. I'm sending you a PM.
                  Jim Parker

Comment

Hard cheese Jim.
                    Time to move on. There's a lot ahead.
                    Gerry
                    Patrol #30

Comment

Jim, sorry to hear this but I understand the thought you’ve put into this difficult decision. I always enjoy reading your comments (yep that first cup of coffee in the morning!) and valuable input. All the very best.
                      Nev Bailey
                      Christchurch, NZ
                      Bearhawk Bravo, 4 place Quick-build #25B.

Comment

Sorry to hear Jim...life happens, especially as we age.

Comment

Sorry to hear this news, Jim.
                          A tough decision, no doubt.

Comment

Hi Jim
                            I can"t seem to find your contact information.If you text your number to mine 208 503 6765 i"ll give you a call at your convience. Thanks John

Comment

Where are you located?

This is a no brainer for anyone looking at a patrol.

I get your point that you want it to go to someone who will finish and fly it, to many planes just sit around and either never get finished or if they do never fly afterwards.

Comment

• JimParker256
                                JimParker256 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm in Texas, just NE of Dallas. The new owner is from California, just outside the Bay Area.
                            Working...
                            X