Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying Bearhawk Companion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Flying Bearhawk Companion

If you'd like to have a flying Bearhawk Companion now instead of building one, contact Roy Rogers at 540-968-0399. Around 50 hours total time, with 5 of those being mine. It looks and flies great and is located in central Virginia.
    n103bh.JPG

The rest of those hours are mine. Happy to answer any questions about the build.

Comment

How much?
      where is it?
      thanks

Comment

• jaredyates
        jaredyates commented
        Editing a comment
        It's in Montery, Virginia. Check with Roy about the price.

Curious about the power plant, prop specs, empty wt, and payload, if not already sold. She's a beauty.

Comment

The engine is a parallel-valve O-360 making around 180hp. The fixed-pitch Catto prop is set for cruise, but unless you were operating out of a very constrained takeoff/climb situation I'd probably leave it like it is. I've forgotten the specifics for the empty weight and gross weight at the moment but it is rather silly how much it can carry. Something like a thousand pounds- in round numbers, 300 for fuel, 250 for baggage, and 250 each for two people? Roy or Dave would have more accurate numbers.

Comment

Empty weight is 1130. 2200 gross. I tested the load range to 250 lbs in the baggage area and it still had more to go. You would need two very large people, full fuel and full baggage to reach gross. It's quite a capable two place design, I don't think it's getting the attention it should.

Comment

• vas
            vas commented
            Editing a comment
            hello, I sent you and jared pm's re N103BH. thanks.

• jaredyates
            jaredyates commented
            Editing a comment
            Vas, did you get my voice message? Call whener it's good, 828-308-1543.

I’m not seeing it advertised on Barnstormers, which will cast a pretty wide net. Any reason why it isn’t more aggressively advertised? Beautiful bird and an absolute beast when compared directly to its most comparable experimental, the Rans S21. I believe Randy is getting top dollar for his S21 and they’re back ordered for years. He nailed it with the S21 design but I think we all know that the Companion is a superior airplane. The seller should put an Ad on Barnstormers and pay for the Featured Ad visibility. I’d go for top dollar, this market is absolutely nuts. Remember, guys will pay $325k for a backordered, new Carbon Cub!! Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by m.mooney View Post
            I’m not seeing it advertised on Barnstormers, which will cast a pretty wide net. Any reason why it isn’t more aggressively advertised? Beautiful bird and an absolute beast when compared directly to its most comparable experimental, the Rans S21. I believe Randy is getting top dollar for his S21 and they’re back ordered for years. He nailed it with the S21 design but I think we all know that the Companion is a superior airplane. The seller should put an Ad on Barnstormers and pay for the Featured Ad visibility. I’d go for top dollar, this market is absolutely nuts. Remember, guys will pay $325k for a backordered, new Carbon Cub!! Marketing, marketing, marketing.
            I am in the early stages of my Companion build but have flown a lot of hours, and mostly backcountry hours in the Rans S-21. There is no comparison between the two, let me repeat, no comparison. The Bearhawk Companion with a 180-200hp engine will take off in 2/3’s and land in 1/2 the distance.

Everyone who comes to look at my build is amazed at the quality and strength of the fuselage.

The above plane was on Barnstormers for a while, not sure why it was pulled. It is a beautiful plane
            N678C reserved
            Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Working...
            X