Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeroquip 491 Reusable Hose Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Aeroquip 491 Reusable Hose Ends

I replaced the hoses on our new airplane and the old ones have reusable ends. As of now, they are still complete hoses but I can chop them off with the grinding wheel so that they can ship easier. I have three -8 hoses with aluminum ends, four -6 hoses with steel ends, four -4 hoses with steel ends, and one -3 hose with steel ends. Several of the hoses have fire sleeves if you're inclined to reuse those. New at ACS these total $492, and I'm asking $100 for the whole lot, or if you'd like to divide them up, figure 1/4 the new ACS price per fitting.

I'll take them all Jared.

Comment

• Sir Newton
      Sir Newton commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, I am using only SS/AL tubing. No hoses, With all the chaos in supply chains the price is practically the same now.

• jaredyates
      jaredyates commented
      Editing a comment
      The places where most folks typically still need flexible hoses include the brake lines at the top of the gear leg, the brake lines that go to and from the master cylinders, the fuel line from the firewall to the carb (in this case, there was also a pump) and the oil/fuel pressure sensor lines. I try to keep the flexible hoses to a minimum for weight and durability.

• rv8bldr
      rv8bldr commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my braided flexible brake lines from Summit Racing. US company but they do ship from within Canada. I put the reservoirs right on the master cylinders, used braided flexible line interconnects between pedals and the parking brake, then braided flexible lines to the top of the gear legs. I think it totaled around $100 US.

If your first responder doesn’t work out, I’m in for the whole works. Thanks

Comment

Thanks, but they are on the way to Paul!

Comment

That is a smoking deal on those. I highly recommend reusable hose ends, as I ended up "reusing" them at least once each trying to get everything on the fire wall to play together well. I thought I would screw it up the first time, and was correct.

Comment

Working...
        X