Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-FZLY videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk Patrol C-FZLY videos

a couple quick videos for the Patrol guys.

hope these links work
    Last edited by jaredyates; 09-25-2020, 07:34 AM.

Well after 14months my Patrol took to the skies. It has an IO-360 from Aerosport @ 190 to 200HP with the Hartzell Trailblazer. I have 4 hours on it now and have to say I'm ecstatic . With 26" Alaskan Bushwheels and no fairings I am still seeing indicated airspeeds between 140 and 155mph with my high break-in power settings. It will take off extremely short and climbs like hell. My empty weight came in at 1250 which I am very happy with. Bushwheels, full insulation, carpet, Auitopilot etc adds up the weight but I wanted comfort. Heated Leather seats and Autopilot are the 2 things I won't do without. I have 4 hours on it now and have had to make some adjustments for a light wing but got it rigged nicely now. This Patrol is everything I wanted and more. It fly's faster, slower, and out climbs my expectations. Im actually blown away at the performance. To see 90MPH at 2000FPM on the Dynon during climb out makes my heart vibrate. Im excited to continue the learning of this incredible design.

Comment

Congratulation Mike!!!
      Your Patrol is reeaaallly nice! Fantastic paint scheme!!!
      You need to bring this plane to Oshkosh this summer...

Mike.

Comment

Well done! and congratulations. That is a good looking patrol!

Comment

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. Love the paint scheme! What covering system did you use?
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Hi Jim, thankyou. I used the Poly-fiber system and Aerothane paint

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations! As Mike said, hope to see you and it at Osh this year.
              -------------------
              Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
              Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
              RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

14 months! Just that paint job could take me 14 months. Beautiful. Congratulations on your work ethic also.

Comment

I'm not tired anymore, I'm going back out to the shop.
                  Gerry
                  Patrol #30

Comment

Congrates Mike beautiful build

Comment

What a beautiful airplane! Congratulations Mike! It IS an amazing airplane, isn’t it?

Please keep us informed as you explore the aircraft and its capabilities.

Bill

Comment

Congratulations, Mike! My heart vibrates just hearing about it! ... Wait a minute! I thought it was 15 months! Now I have to beat 14? You're killing me!
                        Rob Caldwell
                        Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                        EAA Chapter 309
                        Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                        YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                        1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Lol,,Well actually I was 16 months from kit receive to flight. But I took a couple months off last spring. I think your on track to beat me. You will slow down when you have to start building the wing/Flap to fuselage interface.🤔

Comment

Beautiful airplane and inspiring for the rest of us, back to the shop.

Comment

Absolutely one beautiful build. How you managed that in such a short time is incomprehensible to me! Your paint scheme is awesome. I don't envy having to spout off those N numbers though! ;-) Sounds like your having as much fun as I knew you would. It really is an awesome design and airplane. I'm sporting the new Whirlwind 284 now and did my best performance take off chasing Dennis and I felt like a missile and caught up with him in short order. So much FUN!! Enjoy and congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X