Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N454BW Flies! Continental IO-360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see it either. click it and nothing but white space.

Comment

Hmm, I checked it with the browser I never use, so no logins stored, and it worked. Idk how to fix it.

It’s just a lame snippet of me buzzing my buddies house. He helped me built my exhaust and resurfaced my cylinder bores so was looking forward to seeing the plane fly.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I suspect that in my case it is the Facebook Containers that I use with Firefox. I was able to extract the Facebook URL from the post and enter that into the URL bar and all was good.

Comment

It showed okay for me on Chrome, nice : o ).

Comment

Originally posted by whee View Post
            God that thing sounds NICE!
            Rob Caldwell
            Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
            EAA Chapter 309
            Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
            YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
            1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Thanks Rob. I agree that it sounds awesome but I have to admit that it is likely unpleasant for some. I live 5 miles from the airport and could clearly hear my dad circling the airport for an hour several days ago. I need to so something, either shorten the prop or find an operating practice that isn't annoyingly loud.

Comment

Looking at post #25, photo of the EFIS. Are you only getting 33 psi of oil pressure at 2600 RPM? Seems quite low.
                mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Aero_tango View Post
                  Looking at post #25, photo of the EFIS. Are you only getting 33 psi of oil pressure at 2600 RPM? Seems quite low.
                  mike.
                  We were only getting 33psi but have made adjustments to correct it. Getting mid 40s now.

Probly important to note that continentals have a fair bit lower oil pressure than Lycomings. Green range is 30-60psi so we were still in the green at 33.

Comment

Had some reasonably good weather today and I decided to go have some fun rather than accomplish any tasks in the test flight plan.

The desert is unbelievably green from the abnormal amount of rain we have been getting.

Comment

The plane and the pics are beautiful! Love it!
                      Rob Caldwell
                      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                      EAA Chapter 309
                      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

So jealous... And anyway, you know the old saying: "All work and no play makes Whee a dull boy..."
                        Jim Parker
                        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
                        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Glad to see you really enjoying that plane! Was talking to a Carbon Cub pilot today. 750 hours in 2 1/2 years. Don't think I will accomplish that when I get mine flying but would be fun to try.

Comment

Quick flight this morning.

Comment

Congratulations Whee and Dad!!!! I know you guys are having fun now??

Comment

Worked on getting some stall speed numbers yesterday. Since we are still working though the heavy wing issue I’ll have to re-evaluate stall speeds but it gave me something to do.

Power off stall speeds.
                                Clean: 53 mph IAS
                                2 notches of flaps: 52 IAS
                                3 notches of flaps: 49 IAS

The stall became more crisp with each notch of flap. I stopped at 3 notches this time but once the rigging issue is solved I’ll check the full flaps stall speed also.

I attempted to do a full power stall with no flaps but the angle of attack got too steep and I chickened out.
                                7147B4B7-0B20-46B5-A246-61D1F3D892F6.jpeg
                                9A11A8DB-A160-44DC-B347-DD093DDD7D9B.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X