Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N454BW Flies! Continental IO-360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whee, does your heavy wing issue change at all when you put the flaps down?

Comment

Will you eventually install wing tips? This could be a great test case for stall speeds w/o tips, then stall speeds with tips. Maybe even Hoerner tips.
      Rob Caldwell
      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
      EAA Chapter 309
      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
        Whee, does your heavy wing issue change at all when you put the flaps down?
        I haven’t noticed a change but I’m usually busy doing other things during the phase of flight when I deploy the flaps. I haven’t tried it specially to see if there is a difference.

Originally posted by robcaldwell View Post
        Will you eventually install wing tips? This could be a great test case for stall speeds w/o tips, then stall speeds with tips. Maybe even Hoerner tips.
        I will be installing Hoerner tips sorta soon. Might be a winter project but hopefully sooner.

Spill plate tips like I have are supposed to be good for STOL flying but are very draggy. I’m reasonably confident the Hoerners will be a welcome improvement.

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• yateselden
          yateselden commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you making your own Hoerners? Glass or Carbon?

I don't have the talent or time to make cool videos of my flying so here's a lame one

Comment

• robcaldwell
          robcaldwell commented
          Editing a comment
          Love it! We need MORE!

• davzLSA
          davzLSA commented
          Editing a comment
          keep these lame videos coming you are better than you think

• Gerhard Rieger
          Gerhard Rieger commented
          Editing a comment
          This is exciting, it motivates me to work more on mine.

There's no such thing as a "lame" video of a Bearhawk flying. Keep 'em coming! You're keeping us inspired!
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Lame video heck! That was awesome!! Wish it was me flying

Comment

This airplane is so enjoyable to fly! You all need to get one of your own. The performance is pretty remarkable. When a ham fisted pilot like myself can perform stop and goes using less than 1000’ of runway you know the airplane is a good one.

Comment

Completed CG and load testing this morning. I’m very happy I went with the Pat Fagan trim system.

It was kinda hot in the cabin while taxiing so I opened the door which made it convenient to snap at pic of the BH LSA that came into town.
              Last edited by whee; 06-28-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Took my sister and brother-in-law to central Idaho for a day of fishing. Was a fantastic day full of fish and hanging out on my favorite river.

Landing video is all I got so far.

Comment

• robcaldwell
                  robcaldwell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

MORE Please! LOL

Sweet...Nice forward slip, well done. I want to see the fish as well!!!

Mike.

Comment

Looks like Indian Creek?

Comment

More videos, please. I am especially thankful for those that continue on this forum after flying. I hope I do the same.

Comment

Nice Jon. Glad to see you're having some fun!
                      Mark
                      Scratch building Patrol #275
                      Hood River, OR

Comment

I'm not sure why the video uploaded at such poor quality..sorry about that.

Thanks guys. I'm a fan of slips, likely because a learned to fly in a no flap airplane, and the BH slips great. On this occasion I wanted to stay tight over the field and land long. With full flaps and a good slip the BH descends quite steep.

I didn't take and pics or video but if my sister sends me anything I'll be sure to share. In this river the fish are small but plentiful. Since the water is crystal clear you can see them coming a long ways off; it's great fun.

Ty, Indian Creek it is.

Comment

John very cool videos
                          well done - all the hard work has paid off
                          regards Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X