Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-FZLY videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More photos please!

Comment

Well I have 11 hours on my Patrol now and am really enjoying it. My heavy wing issue was fixed by the washer trick and one of my flaps needs a turn out on the tie rod. It now flies hands off. The Dynon HDX system is incredible and the autopilot works perfectly. Ive never had autopilot in the past, just a wing leveller in my 185 so having some fun learning the system. I still dont have fairings on the gear legs or struts and still running 26" bush wheels. I just want to get hours on it as up here in Canada I have to fly 25 hours within 25 NM of my house. Once that is done, I can apply to have my restrictions removed. Last night, 5000ASL, 24sq, gave me 145mph indicated. My temps are coming down as I break the engine in and my Gami spread is within .2 so Im very happy with that. I'll share videos in the coming months as we start playing with STOL work. Now that I have a Patrol and the 4-place sitting there staring at me, my biggest decision is which one to fly.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

How inspiring. What a gorgeous build. Cannot wait to see video. Good luck with your break in and flight testing.
        Bill Schmanski
        Erie, CO - 7CO0
        (303) 520-6171

Comment

Thank you Bill. If any of you are on Instagram or facebook, please look me up at Bearhawk_canada. I have a couple videos on there now and that's where all my pics and videos will be posted in the future.

Comment

Well quick update on my patrol. 31 hours on it now and just got my restrictions removed yesterday so can now go beyond 25 miles from home. I made the mistake of making big openings around my landing gear attach points when I fabricated my boot cowl. As you can see, that forced me to make these large fairings. They turned out ok but lesson learned. I still have lots of little things to complete on the interior but it’s coming. I like flying it too much to work on it but no rush I guess. I’ve tried the 8.50 tires, 26” ABA’s and now 31”. The 31’s slowed me down approx 12mph indicated compared to the 8.50’s but the fun of flying with them won me over.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

She looks great Mike! Those were the last parts I made before leaving home to drive to Fort Smith. When are you heading to Tazin?

Steve P203

Comment

Hi Steve, leavin Monday morning. Staying for a week. Are you around that neck of the woods?

Comment

I thought I’d be bringing you a load of lumber this summer? Been up here a month on the Otter. One of the conversations we had the winter, you mentioned you’d probably be getting a load of lumber through NWAL. Change of plans?

Comment

I think your gear fairings look great, and such a beautiful job on the plane/paint job.

Comment

Hi all, heres another Patrol video we shot yesterday.

Comment

Nice plane Mike

Comment

Great video Mike. Please keep making them, they really inspire us and motivate us to build.

Comment

I think I can see in the video you've got VGs on the Patrol now. I've been curious if the effect on a Riblett air foil would be as significant as on less efficient airfoils. If you've already reported on this, point the way. I may have missed it, as somehow my search skills don't always seem very productive.
                            Last edited by WyoDave; 12-08-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Great videos. What type of gear do you have it looks a bit different than the stock gear.

Comment

Thx Tim,
                                it’s standard issue Bearhawk gear

Comment

Working...
                                X