Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewie
    commented on 's reply
    Please do!

• Gary Wallace
    replied
    Yes i do have 150 exhaust. like them

Leave a comment:

• Chewie
    commented on 's reply
    That's a beauty! Did you have 150 exhausts? Looks like what I have.

• Chewie
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Donna! I'll pay you a visit by air some day.

• schu
    replied
    Mark,

You aren't that far from me, I flew through there a few weeks ago. I'll ping you next time I'm that way.

Also, here is my old Cessna:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gary Wallace
    replied
    Absolutely great airplane. I finished rebuilding mine 6 years ago. Love it! Looking forward to the bearhawk though!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Flygirl1
    replied
    Congrats Mark!! Have FUN. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• JimParker256
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    The numbers aren't all that impressive to be honest, with a C-85, tiny flaps and 456 lbs useful load, but it'll be more than adequate for now.
    Hey - you're talking to a guy flying a Citabria 7ECA with an O-200 for power... No flaps, and nominally 600 lbs useful load, but climb is about 250-300 fpm at gross weight, and she tops out at 95 mph at redline. Cruise is about 85 mph. Still fun to fly, and a couple of hours in the pattern, doing stop-and-go landings is both fun and challenging. I've improved my slipping ability about 1000% since getting this plane.

You're gonna have a blast with the 140!

Leave a comment:

• Chewie
    replied
    Originally posted by geraldmorrissey View Post
    Cool, is it a ragwing?
    Gerry
    Patrol #30
    Yes, fabric wings. Recovered in 04.

Originally posted by whee View Post
    Congrats Mark! You'll have a blast with it!
    Thanks! I did try the Luscombe out but too small.

Originally posted by JimParker256 View Post
    Cool plane! I always thought the Cessna 120/140 series was one of the prettiest planes in their lineup. It just looks "right" to me. Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!
    I agree. I trained in a 150 but prefer the 140 look. Could just be because the little wheel in the back. Thanks, I look forward to it. The numbers aren't all that impressive to be honest, with a C-85, tiny flaps and 456 lbs useful load, but it'll be more than adequate for now.

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
    Congrats Mark. When you master the TW at Hood River you will be comfortable anywhere.
    Thanks Dennis! True there's a reason insurance companies don't like Hood River, but at least they have grass to play on.

Leave a comment:

• JimParker256
    replied
    Cool plane! I always thought the Cessna 120/140 series was one of the prettiest planes in their lineup. It just looks "right" to me. Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Leave a comment:

• flyboy
    replied
    Congrats Mark. When you master the TW at Hood River you will be comfortable anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• davzLSA
    replied
    love me some cessna 120 and 140!!! Im envious!!!

Leave a comment:

• geraldmorrissey
    replied
    Cool, is it a ragwing?
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Leave a comment:

• whee
    replied
    Congrats Mark! You'll have a blast with it!

Leave a comment:

• Chewie
    replied
    Thanks fellas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X