Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyoming 4 place builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming 4 place builder

Hi all , I just opened up my plans from Bob and I’m super excited. I’ve never built a plane but I have built a ton of race car chassis once upon a time. I would be considered a journeyman welder and fitter so I think this will be in my wheelhouse. I always found the most fun in building things and making them my own . I have been planning this build in my mind for a bit so I already have a ton of ideas. I’m up by Yellowstone so if anyone ever comes this way feel free to stop by . I’m going to make a metal order next week and get started on the fuselage and I plan to buy the wings when that time comes . I know the time saved on that will be great ! Anyway glad to be here .

Welcome D.edwards ! What part of WY near Yellowstone? I lived in Jackson Hole, WY and Driggs, ID for several years where I flew a Bellanca Scout and a Rockwell Call Air towing gliders.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

I'm south of you, down in Pinedale. Currently trying to finish up an S7S (90% done, 90% to go). I'm thinking a Bearhawk may be next. Good luck with your build!

Comment

• D.edwards
        D.edwards commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t made it down that way yet . Any good places to fly ?

Welcome. It isn't a big forum, but it is a good one.

Comment

• D.edwards
        D.edwards commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a lot of passionate builders.

robcaldwell im up in meeteetse, 30 miles south of Cody. We love Jackson hole , it’s a neat place .$$$$$!!!
      I also find lots of information in your videos . Thanks for doing them .

Comment

Welcome D. Edwards! Sounds like a great build plan.

Originally posted by robcaldwell View Post
        Welcome D.edwards ! What part of WY near Yellowstone? I lived in Jackson Hole, WY and Driggs, ID for several years where I flew a Bellanca Scout and a Rockwell Call Air towing gliders.
        As in, the tow plane pictured here??
        Last edited by Chewie; 02-21-2020, 12:40 AM.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

• robcaldwell
          robcaldwell commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the exact one I flew! IO-540 with a climb prop. It was a beast!

• Chewie
          Chewie commented
          Editing a comment
          How funny! They must be rare; I'd never heard of it which is why I had to Google it. Looks fun indeed!

• robcaldwell
          robcaldwell commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, they are rare. Similar to a Pawnee. Single cockpit. So no flight check or sign off's. Just get it in a go. Figure out how it flies on your own!
      Working...
      X