Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flyin this Saturday June 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyin this Saturday June 18th

I'm hosting a Flyin at my place this Saturday June 18th, Anyone willing to fly or drive in are welcome!

Location is not on the charts, its 1300ft long. Basically a smooth hayfield.

I'm in Texas SW of KLXY 18miles, attached is a pic of map and coordinates. You can call also 713-417-2519
    Attached Files

Strip is mowed and ready! Just need some Bearhawks
    Attached Files

Comment

Frank,
      I live in Austin. I would be driving. What time did you think you would be getting started?

stan
      bearhawkpatrol@gmail.com
      https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&proj=7XFn3SHmH

Stan
      Austin Tx

Comment

How was the flyin? Any pictures or Bearhawks? That is a beautiful location. Trust it went well. Wish we were a little closer and could have dropped in.
        Stephen B. Murphey
        Bearhawk LSA
        Building #L-089

Comment

I will not make it to Oshkosh this year. Frank's flyin was a nice local attraction. I saw Frank's LSA project as well as how he makes wood propellers. It had not occurred to me that they were not carved out of a tree trunk.

The first thing I did was go home and start cleaning up my work area. Frank had a nice setup. My work area has lots of sharp stabby things poking out everywhere.

The only downside was now I want to make a propeller.

stan
          Stan
          Austin Tx

Comment

Originally posted by sbmurphey View Post
            How was the flyin? Any pictures or Bearhawks? That is a beautiful location. Trust it went well. Wish we were a little closer and could have dropped in.
            Unfortunately no Bearhawks showed up, and mine is under construction. Plus I was so busy cooking and visiting no pics were taken. I really need to designate someone as photographer next time, LOL. We had 14 planes total and a nice variety. Going to do it again in the Fall(November or so) and hope to showcase my flying LSA.

Edit. Although no Bearhawk planes flew in there were 3 builders (-:

Comment

Originally posted by PropMan View Post

Unfortunately no Bearhawks showed up, and mine is under construction. Plus I was so busy cooking and visiting no pics were taken. I really need to designate someone as photographer next time, LOL. We had 14 planes total and a nice variety. Going to do it again in the Fall(November or so) and hope to showcase my flying LSA.

Edit. Although no Bearhawk planes flew in there were 3 builders (-:
              Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you had a good turnout and even some builders.
              Stephen B. Murphey
              Bearhawk LSA
              Building #L-089

Comment

I did not think to take pictures of the flyin either. Then again if I had they would have been pictures of Frank's Mahindra tractor.
                stan
                Stan
                Austin Tx

Comment

Working...
                X