Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Caliper

I needed a way to accurately measure the spacer bars for the forward wing spar on the Patrol. I had a 6" dial caliper, but it was too short to do the job. A name brand 8" caliper is pricey. With some reluctance I purchased a Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Model 47260 8" digital caliper. It turned out to be a real bargain. I've use it extensively for the last 2 years and have not been easy on it. It's a shop tool and I do not treat it like a expensive precision tool. I have not dropped it yet. I regularly check it against a gage block and it always checks dead nuts. Amazing for so cheap. I checked it against a pretty beat up Chinese 1,2,3 block and it measured within .0005 in 2 directions and .001 on the 3" direction. I have yet to replace the battery and it comes with a spare. I can't imagine building a plane without it. Use a coupon and save more.
    Gerry
    Patrol Tandem #30

I agree Gerry. I purchased one of their smaller ones, and couldn't be happier with it. Great tool for such a cheap price!
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
    X